What’s your child’s car of choice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyfool

Car
(14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black & (16) E400 AMG Line Convertible White
Picked my eight year old son from school and conversation went like this.

Son Dad can we buy a Porsche?
Me No

Son grandads car? (Lexus IS)
Me no

Son A BMW
Me Definitely not

Son ok it’ll have to be a Mercedes. What about an SLS?
Me Where are we all going to fit?

Son ok what’s really fast and has 4 seats?
Me Some Porsche’s have
Son what about one of them?
Me Where are we going to put the bikes when we go on holiday?

Silence...

Son A Dodge...no a Mustang, they have four seats and can fit our bikes on the roof?
Me What’s wrong with our car?
Son Nothing ( few!! )
Son it’s to replace our Audi (96 cabriolet)
Me oh I see,well you’ll have to ask your mum then.

Son What about a Mazda?
Me why would you want a Mazda?

Son What’s our car?
Me E-Class
Son she’ll like an A45 AMG. Is that faster than our car?
Me yes.....

It took me long enough to convince her we needed a V6 diesel, buying a second higher performance car will be a challenge in itself!

Anyhow, what would be your child’s choice of car?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 10yr daughter said she would like a Range Rover SVR as they sound nice [emoji106] but ignoring the fact they cost £100k.

Looks like she got the car bug already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our children have never suggested cars for us, but have said what they would like to drive themselves when they're older:

Daughter (14): Mercedes ML63 AMG, but would settle (her words) for an A45 AMG for her first car.

Son (8): Audi R8 V10+, but would like an Audi TT for his first car.

They have unrealistically expensive tastes. That'll be the DNA they got from their Mom :)

One has a 2005 1tr polo, the other has a 2009 Sebastian loeb C4 Citroën.
They want me to get a new car but keep my old(current) one for them!

My 12 year old daughter thinks the Jaaag is an old mans car, the Porsche is quite cool and the Dacia is dusty all the time.
If it was up to her I would own a Lamborghini and for her first cat she wants a BMW cabrio!! I said I'd buy her a Mini Convertible. She didn't get the joke!

Our children have never suggested cars for us, but have said what they would like to drive themselves when they're older:

Daughter (14): Mercedes ML63 AMG, but would settle (her words) for an A45 AMG for her first car.

Son (8): Audi R8 V10+, but would like an Audi TT for his first car.

They have unrealistically expensive tastes. That'll be the DNA they got from their Mom :)

That’s hilarious; my 12 year old is settling for a Golf GTI, my youngest wants a Bugatti Veyron as his first car!!

Our 12 year old daughter hates SUV's/4x4's of any kind. (Not sure why:dk:)

She has very fond memories of our old Mondeo ST220 because of the heated rear seats.

However she always seems to admire any 2 seater we see regardless of brand. Elise/Exage being her fav. (Hope she gets either one whilst I'm still able to get in/out) :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
My eldest has a very low 190e 1.8, he loves it.

My daughter (3!) already prefers to be driven in the SL over the E class. If it was up to her, we would have the top down in the damn rain!

JJ

My daughter (3!) already prefers to be driven in the SL over the E class. If it was up to her, we would have the top down in the damn rain!

JJ

Lol. I picked up my son and our neighbours kids yesterday. They were adamant the roof was down. Luckily it wasn’t too cold!!

You have to love them don't you! She adamantly refuses to admit when she is cold in the car in case the roof is put back up!

J

Lamborghini Aventador until i explained they make Tractor's lol

Lol!!

I recently took my two daughters aged 5 & 7 to the local merc dealer , along with my girlfriend and her daughter who is aged 10. By far the most liked car by the kids was a E class 4 matic, the stand out feature being the analogue clock in the centre console, which they all thought was amazing! Would never of thought they would of picked that car or the clock as their favourite thing but I guess in this digital we live in, it was something a bit different.

I recently took my two daughters aged 5 & 7 to the local merc dealer , along with my girlfriend and her daughter who is aged 10. By far the most liked car by the kids was a E class 4 matic, the stand out feature being the analogue clock in the centre console, which they all thought was amazing! Would never of thought they would of picked that car or the clock as their favourite thing but I guess in this digital we live in, it was something a bit different.

That’s really interesting because the bit of the car I don’t get is the analogue clock!!

I brung them up all wrong!
My son drives on the road:
Audi A2
VW Crafter (Racevan/festival camper)....but it is almost a Mercedes Sprinter!
Assortment of classic motorcycles:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom