What’s your perfect three car garage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
RS2000
Lotus Cortina
Humber Sceptre

They’d all have to be immaculate....

W168 A210
E500 estate.
W115 convertible

And the actual garage I put earlier in the thread must house them, with extra room for wife’s car, motorbike, and big workshop

I'll tell you one that isn't on my list. AMG GTS. I've lived with one all this week, and it isn't for me. I find the bonnet too long and wide and the wheels are way out in the front corners. It makes it difficult to place the front end accurately on turn in. The transaxle in the back makes its presence felt if you lift in the corners and also under hard braking. The 3 way dampers leave the car too springy in soft and in hard they are too stiff, like a go kart. It'd be ok on a billiard table smooth track, but that's about it. Middle setting is fine. God knows why they bothered with the other two. Also the door sill is high and an old git like me struggles to lift my feet into the car. I'm sure others would love it. For me it was a dream shattered. I'll stick with my C63 I think.

My mate Jim having a go. He liked it more than me.

I'll tell you one that isn't on my list. AMG GTS. I've lived with one all this week, and it isn't for me. I find the bonnet too long and wide and the wheels are way out in the front corners. It makes it difficult to place the front end accurately on turn in. The transaxle in the back makes its presence felt if you lift in the corners and also under hard braking. The 3 way dampers leave the car too springy in soft and in hard they are too stiff, like a go kart. It'd be ok on a billiard table smooth track, but that's about it. Middle setting is fine. God knows why they bothered with the other two. Also the door sill is high and an old git like me struggles to lift my feet into the car. I'm sure others would love it. For me it was a dream shattered. I'll stick with my C63 I think.

My mate Jim having a go. He liked it more than me.

It really does have a big nose. At speed I haven’t found it to be a problem but manoeuvring is very much a challenge. The wide track versions bring another dimension to consider too. The bonnet is big enough to land a helicopter on.

The letterbox view through the windscreen and caricature dimensions & styling are very big part of what gives the car it’s distinct character. Personally I love them, but I can easily understand why you wouldn’t.

It really does have a big nose. At speed I haven’t found it to be a problem but manoeuvring is very much a challenge. The wide track versions bring another dimension to consider too. The bonnet is big enough to land a helicopter on.

The letterbox view through the windscreen and caricature dimensions & styling are very big part of what gives the car it’s distinct character. Personally I love them, but I can easily understand why you wouldn’t.

I didn't know you had one mate! Each to their own, and I can certainly see that a lot of people would love them. It's unfortunate, if you can put it that way, that I get to drive an awful lot of cars. Sadly it's usually because they have something wrong with them. I do tend to analyse them very critically.

Another pic with my C63 in the foreground. Behind the 4.8 X5 you can just make out a big Datsun R35 GTR. I replaced the rattly bellhousing on that this week. They are an impressive machine too. They have their faults, but this is the wrong forum to start discussing them :)

Last edited:
Lovely! What model is the Capri?
Its a MK ll 3.0L Ghia - only has 50,000 miles - 43 years old :D the E30 is a 318is, I am only the 2nd owner :D

They all look fab! Presumably the E30 gets less use than the others?:)
No, actually the Cossie gets the least use, the E30 gets driven the most, it's just a great car to drive ! although last year the Capri got used and showed the most as it was the 50th anniversary of the Capri, had it at 9 shows I think ! but I also love driving it, had the E30 at 4 or 5 shows last year + its driven almost every Saturday (during spring and summer) weather permitting, although I do love the Cossie, it just isnt my preferred car, always wanted one, but, as they say, maybe you shouldn't drive your hero's !! so its currently up for sale :( !..

You’ve now had time on your hands to reflect, dream bigger, browse the Auto Trader - or maybe get real - what’s your perfect three car garage now?

My ideal three car garage would be one made with cavity brick wall and fully sound insulated with a high ceiling, perhaps solar panels on the roof (to charge the batteries)
In one corner my favourite swivel rocker and a high end sound system so that I could replicate the sound of the Ford Mustang and Ferrari which I don’t have.
Oh! and not forgetting the wine cooler and coffee machine.

My ideal three car garage would be one made with cavity brick wall and fully sound insulated with a high ceiling, perhaps solar panels on the roof (to charge the batteries)
In one corner my favourite swivel rocker and a high end sound system so that I could replicate the sound of the Ford Mustang and Ferrari which I don’t have.
Oh! and not forgetting the wine cooler and coffee machine.
Sounds nice. Add an oak frame, car port and highly polished concrete floor and I think that could be close to perfect.

Last edited:
Seeing @shm

Sounds nice. Add an oak frame, car port and highly polished concrete floor and I think that could be close to perfect.

plus concrete floor sloping into central drain for indoor washing. Oh, and pop a snooker room on top. :banana:

Seeing @shm

Add a rack, some chains hanging from the ceiling and er, sorry, wrong forum........ :eek::D

Strange random things which I have typed in previous hours/days randomly pop up at the beginning of posts with quotes. I see I’m not the only one, weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom