What’s your perfect three car garage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
I can’t ever remember a “three car garage” thread on MBClub, so here it is - what’s your perfect three car garage?

The rules are simple, just three cars to cover all motoring bases, with a car for every occasion. Affordability is not a constraint.

Go!

- Lamborghini Aventador (Fun)
- GL63 AMG (Family & dog)
- Tesla Model S Ludicrous (something different + suitable for commuting)

So here goes:

1. Mercedes-AMG GLE 63S - for school runs, holidays, crossing continents, towing, and 4/5-up motoring. The do anything any time car.

2. Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster - for clearing out the cobwebs, hot dates (with Mrs D), and all 1/2-up motoring including work. The roof down any weather car.

3. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster - for looking at, and very special journeys. The ultimate automotive experience (for me). The Monaco car.

PS I reserve the right to change my mind.

- Sports car - Some kind of Porsche 911 variant
- 'Family' car (I am single lol): Porsche Panamera Turbo S Hybrid
- Runabout - something small and electric like a Honda E or the new Mini Cooper S Electric.

Last edited:
- New shape V8 Vantage for special occasions.

- Porsche Cayenne Turbo as a daily.

- SLS Roadster for the one day a year the sun is shinning.

K

DBS V8 Volante, just for me
Full-Fat Range Rover, for doggie and days out
Something electric, for everything else.

This example is what some Dutch neighbours of ours in Italy turned up in last summer.

1.Porche 911 Turbo convertible - his
2.Range Rover SVR autobiography - hers
3.Lamborghini Aventador in a race car trailer towed behind the Range Rover - sons

I suspect thats just a small part of their collection.

SL73, Landcruiser 200, 612 Scaglietti manual.

That'll be what I have at present, I guess:

E500 5.5 W211 saloon - Dad's.
BMW E91 330i SE touring - Family duties.
Mazda MX5 Mk2.5 - Wife's 6th Mk2.5 Mx5

I know, less than £20k, the lot, (roughly £150k if new), but I actually prefer them to their modern equivalents, and they're all ridiculously reliable - as you'd expect for cars which have less than 50k on the clock.

OK, maybe it would be nice to have Bluetooth streaming audio, but if I plug the phone in it charges while I listen and the sound quality is excellent.

full

full

full

Last edited:
This example is what some Dutch neighbours of ours in Italy turned up in last summer.
1.Porche 911 Turbo convertible - his
2.Range Rover SVR autobiography - hers
3.Lamborghini Aventador in a race car trailer towed behind the Range Rover - sons
I suspect thats just a small part of their collection.

Any idea of their trade? Tech, finance, medicine, or inheritance ?

GL63 - Literally does everything you could want in one car :)

911 - For weekends and fun :thumb:

Some kind of classic. My ‘go to’ cars are old W201s, they hold a special place for me as they were my first introduction to Mercedes-Benz :cool:

I get the affordability not being a constraint for this thread, but in that case why only three cars? If I had endless amounts of money I would have dozens of cars, and naturally space to keep them all! :D

I reckon I could think of 50 cars I’d like to own, and still find more to buy... ;)

Only three? I currently have eight, and I still find myself regularly browsing the ads. Yes, I have a disease.

A possible member of the Velominati, whose rule 12 is: "The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned."

"This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom