What’s your perfect three car garage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I unbelievably forgot one of my all time favourite cars to add to my three classics garage!

The Gullwing 300SL!!!! That would probably replace the Mustang in my line up :)

Attachments

• 300sl.jpg
    300sl.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 2
I unbelievably forgot one of my all time favourite cars to add to my three classics garage!

Good decision 👍🏻

Could Jobsworth (member on here) give me some information on the GTS he drove and posted on page 5 of the car. As I’m thinking of buying this car.

number: 07870607252

Hi,
C63 S ......everyday
Audi RS6 .......everyday
Aston Martin DBS superleggera......everyday lol

agreed.
second would be a BMW Z8
Third car I’m not sure, probably a 911 yellowbird

911 Turbo - fun car
Jeep Trackhawk - family car
Mercedes S63 - everyone needs a S class 😎

190 Cosworth 2.3
CLK 63 Black
560 SEC AMG
Never commented on this thread up till now as my "perfect" 3 car garage tends to vary upon either the mood I'm in at the time or the weather outside.

However, I was looking through some old pictures on my phone, as a lot of us are tending to do in these current days, and came across this one: -

View attachment 94271

I'm not 100% sure when it was taken though I think around July 2017. All three were owned by me at the time, the nearest one was a 190E 2.5-16, the next was "The Taxi", an 850bhp+ W212 E63 and the last was a Range Rover Autobiography with the 5.0 supercharged engine.

To be fair, I think that it's a good representation of what I would still pick now for the thread title, the 190E was a special weekend car for shows, trips etc, the taxi was just a laugh a minute and the RR was superb as a daily, albeit a bit on the thirsty side. I know that lots on here have gone for the more exotic side of things but I personally can't fit in half of the ones suggested and would also be terrified of using them on today's crowded roads.

As for the ones above, the taxi was sold not long after to a mate, the RR went in p/x for a W213 E63s and the little Cosworth is now with a collector in N Ireland.
I think that is a damn near perfect 3 car fleet for the real world. Ok, everyone would love a gullwing or SLR McLaren but I would probably be too scared to take one out on our mad roads tbh!

For Mercs, I think mine would be a 190E Cosworth, 560 SEC and CLS55. I will probably change my mind in 10 mins.

Aston Martin DB6 Short Chassis Volante Vantage - sadly sold mine many years ago
Land Rover - I have a Discovery but would upgrade to Range Rover
MB SL - I like my SL350 but would upgrade to a late fully SL400, before they discontinue the metal roof

Aston Martin DB6 Short Chassis Volante Vantage - sadly sold mine many years ago
Land Rover - I have a Discovery but would upgrade to Range Rover
MB SL - I like my SL350 but would upgrade to a late fully SL400, before they discontinue the metal roof
The DB6 sounds amazing - please do share photos. We like photos.

Aston for me would need to be a DB4GT Zagato, but i'd prefer:

Lancia Hyena or Delta S4. Maybe a Hyena with a Delta S4 motor if it would fit. Sacrilege but why not...
Alfa 33 Stradale
Alfaholics GTAR-290

But then i need an E Class S212. Can i get away with the three above in the dream garage then the S212 on the drive? If so i'd also have an SLR as that would fit. I could also squeeze in an Avonbar 1340 Mini with a JKD 5 speed box.

current 911 Turbo S, E63S estate, Tesla Model S ludicrous.

.......and in my classic garage 911 Turbo S (993) E Type series 1 4.2 Mini Cooper 1275 S Mk1

As requested my DB6 - was the works demonstrator NUV12E, I reimported her from the USA & she was temporarily on a "T" plate before carrying a personal plate NJS16 - only B&W photographs from those days she was dark blue.

NUV12E - then NJS16 @ Lee-on-the-Solent.jpgAston Martin NUV12E at Lee 2 B & W - C.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom