what 750 quid gets you nowadays ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The advertiser also states it is a 1988 model, but an 'S' plate should be 1998.
I wonder what else is inaccurate :)

Sold my 230k for £800 in February, similar condition and full MOT. Bargain motors and very trustworthy engines!

Typical forum nit picking here - it looks like a lovely car in very good condition for it's age and for £745 a bargain IMHO :thumb:

If I needed one I'd be on the phone today.

The truth is that the majority of people who have a car to sell don't have a degree in English, nor are they car salesman. It's not exactly your typical 'try hard' advert, nor is it glossed over or exaggerated so I don't see the issue with minor inaccuracies such as misspelling the brand of stereo fitted or calling an automatic gearbox 'semi automatic'.

That's for peanuts.

Bangernomics at it's finest, if a bit juicy.

A mate of mine still has his W202, got it a year after my 2nd one.

We went down to London in it a couple of weeks ago, I couldnt get over how narrow it was, sitting in the passenger seat I could almost reach the headlight switch. Also was alarmed at the bodyroll, (it was an esprit model) compared to mine.

Still love the W202 and would recommend that for £700 to anyone.

Pity it doesnt have its factory fit 17" Monoblocks anymore, although those W210 wheels do look good on it.

Noticed the AMG kickplates aswell.

Those are the correct wheels for the sports chassis models.

No they arent, they are off a W210 the correct 16"s for a W202 Sport facelift are:

DSCN1536.jpg

And this actual car in the OP had the wheel arch slats so it came factory fitted with 17"s:

DSC_1095-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have always liked the W202 saloon and that looks very nice and for that price it seems to be good value.

I quite fancy it just for a day to day car but I think we may need to get rid of one of the others to make space although, having said that, the MX5 is in the body-shop having a few cosmetic issues attended to :)

If that were closer I'd be going for a look and then probably a divorce so maybe £745 isn't cheap lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Agreed. Looks like a great way to spend £745. Probably less once you've haggled the tax position.

Indeed. I'm sure without being too pushy it could be had for 700 and then flog off the AMG arch trims as Poormanporsche said for a 100 quid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom