What a cool wrap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Doesn't look half bad. I do love the de-chromed look and think it looks really good with red bodywork.

Doesn't look half bad. I do love the de-chromed look and think it looks really good with red bodywork.
I think it's actually matt orange from reading the ad.

Think I would have opted for a different colour, perhaps something more like an MB offering, keeping the car a bit closer to OEM as a CLS 63S is a fairly rare sight to begin with. Perhaps one of the designo matt colours (magmo grey or the black), alternatively if going 'loud' something close to the MB Hell green!

Looks like a good job though, but have to ask what makes an owner seller decide to offer their car for sale 2 days after having having it wrapped :dk:

I personally think these 'wraps' are okay for a business vehicle but for a car... When the bonnet is open you will see the original car colour whatever that is , the boot and probably the paintwork around the door and that would really bug me.

So much so that when we had my previous 'stretched limo' resprayed, the engine bay, door internal stuff, including both front doors sliding door and rear doors.

We all have different tastes (thank goodness) and if it were mine I might consider having a quality paint job in that colour.

What are those white thingies on the windscreen?

Yup, a nice looking car

I usually like to see different colours but that’s a no from me, that colour always reminds me of the RAC vans!

I personally think these 'wraps' are okay for a business vehicle but for a car... When the bonnet is open you will see the original car colour whatever that is , the boot and probably the paintwork around the door and that would really bug me.

So much so that when we had my previous 'stretched limo' resprayed, the engine bay, door internal stuff, including both front doors sliding door and rear doors.

We all have different tastes (thank goodness) and if it were mine I might consider having a quality paint job in that colour.

What are those white thingies on the windscreen?

Yup, a nice looking car
The white thingies are I think a reflection of the showroom ceiling lights?
I also think the car was originally white? As you say it would jar somewhat on opening doors or boot..

Not for me 🤮

The white thingies are I think a reflection of the showroom ceiling lights?
I also think the car was originally white? As you say it would jar somewhat on opening doors or boot..
By pure coincidence, I have a good friend that lives in Switzerland and he owns a business that does this sort of work.

I was talking to him last week about whether it would be cheaper for me to have a wrap rather than pay the designo prices and I mean the 6000 euro cost for the personal choice of colour. He personally would not be interested in doing a private car as some car owners can be quite critical and with these wraps, you get what you pay for. Do you cut the wrap to tuck into the 'fold' of the headlight or do you remove the headlight for a more professional approach. Eddie Stobart type skins are there to advertise the firm and who cares about finnicky detail that I for one would want?

That photograph looks very nice but I wonder what our 'detail' experts would think the car looks like following a close examination?

I like the colour of that car but I would not want a vehicle in that colour :)

As an old fart of 53 I'm not a fan of de-chroming, black wheels etc. ...but I actually don't mind that 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom