What a dilemma - which one to get CL55 / SL55 ?!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kmadsen68

Car
190D 2.5 Sliver
What a nice dilemma to have. Want to supplement my garage (E190 2.5D and E280) with a fast Mercedes - considering either the CL55 or the SL55.

So, my criteria.
- Not too fussed if it is a convertible or has a sun roof.
- Want reliability.
- Nice if car / parts were not too expensive...
- Will be doing about 10k a year (mostly motorways).
- Could consider CL500 or lesser SL model, but do love the AMG models...
- Want to buy within next 3-6 months

Any comments as to reliability and ownership costs would be greatly appreciated. Obviously, the CL are cheaper but acquisition cost not the main driver for choosing the car.

Love to hear people's experiences and recommendation. Have test driving both (albeit being the CL500/SL500) and love them both...

If you want something reliable then I'm not so sure :fail

Don't rule out the CL600 either - it's twin-turbo V12 is quicker than it's AMG badged V8 supercharged stable mate. As mentioned though, they can be a bit of a money pit. ABC errors can be costly, electrical gremlins aren't exactly unusual (albeit a lot can be remedied with a new battery) & with the V12 beware of coil pack failure as they're custom items for the 24 spark plugs it takes. That said - if you get a good one, it's a fantastic place to be. Smooth, quick & cossetting.....By way of reality check mine's had about 5.5k spent on it over the past 18 months. (suspension, coil pack, radiator, water pump, A/C condenser & battery)

Thx. Had looked at the CL600 but come to the conclusion it is less reliable than the CL 500.

Regarding SL's anyone have owned a 3.7 / 5.0 and/or 5.5 AMG ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom