What a friggin weekend.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyfool

Car
(14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black & (16) E400 AMG Line Convertible White
I dropped my son off at football for warm up on Saturday morning and the drove towards Costa in Reading.

As I drove around the roundabout, I could see a BMW 6-series convertible from the corner of my eye steaming towards the roundabout. For a split second I thought he was going to hit me, then another split second and everything was good, then all of a sudden I heard the massive bang and I’m pointing in the wrong direction.

the BMW went around the roundabout and as he squeezes passed me, he gave me the signal that he was parking up, then I just heard the roar of the exhausts as he flew up the road.

for some reason the files are too big so I cant upload the photos Of the damage.

Sorry to hear this.

No one was injured?

Did you get his plate?

Do you have a dashcam?

Did anyone else around you stopped to help? Did any of them have a dashcam?

Have you notified the police and your insurers yet?

The police might check CCTV cameras in the area if they think the case is serous enough to justify it.

I saw a picture of it yesterday on one of the Reading facebook pages after it was hit and spun on the roundabout. I hope you are ok and find out who it was.

Can't be many 6 series cabs around that way.

Not a single person stopped to help. One person asked me if I could move the car because it was blocking the road!

no I’m fine thanks, I’ve had so many rear end accidents now, my back is knackered anyway. It was just a shock at first.

No dash cam or cctv, although there are a few leads after my wife had posted on Facebook.

Reactions: Nat
Not a single person stopped to help. One person asked me if I could move the car because it was blocking the road!

no I’m fine thanks, I’ve had so many rear end accidents now, my back is knackered anyway. It was just a shock at first.

No dash cam or cctv, although there are a few leads after my wife had posted on Facebook.
😡😡😡😡

I've given the police all the information I have received from Facebook and they've asked for a statement next week. (I'm dealing with a nightshift officer at the moment).

The insurance company only have the details provided straight after the accident, so don't have any of the latest info. I'm seeking advice from the police as to whether I should hand this information over now or wait for them to complete their investigation. I've not been in this situation before.

My car is going in for an assessment tomorrow. The traffic officer reckoned it's a write off, but once we got the car up on the back of the AA wagon, it was easier to see the underside of it. The AA guy seemed to think the BMW may have nose dived under the chassis, so there's a possibility the damage maybe superficial, apart from the crumple bars and the last exhaust hook which are bent. No matter how nice it would be to have a new car, I'm still enjoying this one, so I am hoping it can be repaired.

Sadly some people don't or won't stop in case it puts them in harms way. I'm sure I read on that facebook page that some people either saw it or the aftermath? i thought most junctions now had cameras?

Hope you feel better now (if such a thing exists) and I hope the hit and runner gets caught and you won't have to pay for there mistakes.

Sorry to hear that.

Doesn't surprise me that some vermin do this kind of thing.

I was once in a fairly serious crash in the 90s after a tyre blew and with the car on fire people just drove past...

I wonder if they could pick up plates from any ANPR cameras around the same time.

Definitely recommend getting dashcams front and rear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom