What a good advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
This Saleswoman is a star performer.

[YOUTUBE HD]v-1exCdzqRQ&list=PLE4iN5chvshGPid5Vp2zZ-jvsLAzxXIsD&index=6[/YOUTUBE HD]

[ Dryce ultra cynicism warning ]

Pity that the Auris is so utterly dull and useless that they only strap they can sell it on is how simple it is to drive.

Duh. it's an automatic. It drives ..... like an automatic.

So basically there is no actual USP of value on offer here. The hybrid nonsense clearly offers no advantage worth telling about any more. It's apparently got no advantages in terms of space or comfort or economy or costs or even useless gadgets that they are offering up.

So it's just being offered up as an automatic for people who don't realise an automatic has two pedals.

I think you young lady should apply her talents to selling cars that might actually have something genuinely worthy to offer up over the competition.

If I was in Ford's marketing department for the Fiesta and Focus I'd seize on this to actually spoof the Toyota ad and tell a better story about the product.

Bah humbug.:p

I don't think Toyota have done themselves any favours with this ad!

However, having owned an Auris Hybrid and now a Lexus Hybrid, they are not as "bad" as some think. Frugal, refined and in the Lexus at least very well made and quite sumptuous for an everyday car. Why knock them? Great daily drivers for when you don't want to be stressed out when driving.

Why knock them? Great daily drivers for when you don't want to be stressed out when driving.

I've had the current Auris and the previous Auris hybrid models as hire cars on a number of occasions.

The previous Auris was a dreadful thing. Grumbly complaining small petrol engine and almost no benefit from the battery it was hauling.

The current Auris is sort of OK but I would say rather uninspiring. I thought the economy was better and the refinement and general driving expreinence was better. It didn't make me actually want to own one though.

Really you would have thought that if it was offering up any tangible benefits from being a hybrid they'd point that out in that advert.

I agree with your last sentence! Stupid ad in my opinion!

For me, the consistent 50 to 55 mpg in any driving condition, the petrol and electric refinement and in the case of the Lexus the comfort and gizmos all make it a good buy. The legendary reliability is nice too! :)

I agree with your last sentence! Stupid ad in my opinion!

For me, the consistent 50 to 55 mpg in any driving condition, the petrol and electric refinement and in the case of the Lexus the comfort and gizmos all make it a good buy. The legendary reliability is nice too! :)

Apologies if there is a lengthy thread about it already, but, which Lexus did you buy?

I would have bought a GS Hybrid last year but it was sold before I could get to the dealer.

Would be good to hear about ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom