What a sad little man.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ian

Car
C63 AMG
On my way to MSL this morning I drove up behind this muppet. I guess putting an AMG badge on the back of his soot chucker was not enough.

He went the whole hog with an AMG Black Series. Unfortunately you can't see the badge perfectly on the clip as its a low res download from my dash cam. Amusingly he couldn't even put it in the right place. .

When I drove past him I looked across and just shook my head. Not surprisingly he just looked straight ahead as if he hadn't seen / heard me. His number plate just about sums him up. :)

Oh and the car is a E350 Bluetec diesel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfNxRpKrEi4&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Poor guy lost a bet in the Pub with his mates and had to have the car dressed like that for a whole year - life can be cruel.

Live and let live...

Surely the said person is allowed to do as he like. He aint harming or abusing anyone.
The OP records it, posts it on utube and posts it here, and calls the other guy sad!!!!

smiley-laughing002.gif

On my way to MSL this morning I drove up behind this muppet. I guess putting an AMG badge on the back of his soot chucker was not enough.

"Soot chucker". An interesting phrase, but not in a good way on an Mercedes-Benz forum where lots of members own diesel cars.

On the other hand, I amuse myself to think that he may be a member of another forum and has made a mirror post, referring to your type of car in that post…

Of course, politeness and thoughtfulness preclude me from making any suggestions as to what that term or phrase might be. Besides, they are only badges and not some obvious proof of anything really. Surely this is sort of thing should be for BarryBoys, shouldn't it? JMO.

Last edited:
I think the e350 diesel is a nice motor. Perhaps he is a little misguided but it's still a nice motor.

He went the whole hog with an AMG Black Series. Unfortunately you can't see the badge perfectly on the clip as its a low res download from my dash cam. Amusingly he couldn't even put it in the right place. .

When I drove past him I looked across and just shook my head. Not surprisingly he just looked straight ahead as if he hadn't seen / heard me. His number plate just about sums him up. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfNxRpKrEi4&feature=youtu.be

Wow...you're so special.

I think E Class estate trumps C class saloon...mate!

Last edited:
Wow such hatred. So I'm a sad little man for posting it. Hell it was just a bit of fun. I found it amusing. I guess some of you have no sense of humour.

Hell I would be embarrassed to put a BS badge on my car yet people put them on a diesel. I'll bet a months wages he bought the Chinese $5 plastic one as well.

Anyhoooo haters will hate. Have your glass of warm milk and scuttle off to bed :)

Oh and Renault12 do you ever comment on posts where youre not having a dig at somebody ?

Last edited:
It was stupid that's what it was.

On one of the US forums they have just such a thread...you'd fit right in.

Wow such hatred. So I'm a sad little man for posting it. Hell it was just a bit of fun. I found it amusing. I guess some of you have no sense of humour.

Hell I would be embarrassed to put a BS badge on my car yet people put them on a diesel. I'll bet a months wages he bought the Chinese $5 plastic one as well.

Anyhoooo haters will hate. Have your glass of warm milk and scuttle off to bed :)

Oh and Renault12 do you ever comment on posts where youre not having a dig at somebody ?

Sometimes...you don't do irony do you?

No one hates you, but you didn't mention any funny side in your post. You called the guy a muppet and made fun of him.
I don't think many people would know what AMG meant anyway apart from motoring enthusiasts.
Have a good day.

This isn't how the OP saw the thread progress is it?

There are several threads on here about people badging or dressing cars up to look like AMG's. None of them ever seem to reach any real conclusions. I suspect that the same happens on BMW forums about MSport badging etc.

A couple of weeks ago I parked my C55 Estate in a very posh hotel car park. On my return I had a C63 parked either side of me. Both were spotless, whereas my 55 was filthy after a 200 mile drive. I wondered then if the C63 drivers looked down on my lowly 55?

I have a huge willy.

I doubt they gave it a seconds thought. If they did then I very much doubt they are the type of person who you would want to entertain.

I'm thinking these days that the AMG badge doesn't really mean much. Considering they seem to appear on every other new model.

For me the e55, c55, e63 and c63 badges are the fun element. Mind you I'm probably not the best person to comment as after a respray I didn't stick the rear badges back on until 3 months later and I still have not replaced the side v8 kompressor badges.

I doubt they gave it a seconds thought. If they did then I very much doubt they are the type of person who you would want to entertain.

I'm thinking these days that the AMG badge doesn't really mean much. Considering they seem to appear on every other new model.

For me the e55, c55, e63 and c63 badges are the fun element. Mind you I'm probably not the best person to comment as after a respray I didn't stick the rear badges back on until 3 months later and I still have not replaced the side v8 kompressor badges.

It is not just the badge that lost is rarity effect....

I remember a time when seeing an AMG in the flesh was something you remembered for a long time after.

Not a bad thing, mind.... great technology, and Well Done to MB for allowing more people to enjoy it.

But thing do change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom