What a spanner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Having just bought this E-Torx socket set from Halford for £15, to then realise I needed a 17mm, so popped back to buy a single 17mm for £12(!), imagine my joy to now find that Lidl from next week will sell this torx spanner set 6,8,10,12,14,15,17,19 for £20.

I'll consul myself hoping that the Halfords Professional set will be better made.

If I wasn't so tight I really should buy one of those large sets of everything for several hundred pounds. Instead I'll spend the same money over sever years and get less.

Last edited:
The Halfords Professional range is good quality, you made the right choice, cheap tools are just not worth the agro.

Feck. I really am a spanner now. I'm 99% sure I just need a regular hex spanner. I was so won over by the value of the Torx spanner set I forgot what it was I actually needed, hence I bought a 17mm torx too.

(bows head in thorough shame)

Seems I might be buying that Lidl set after all.

So can anyone please clarify, that there is no way any size torx spanner will fit a hex nut?

edit: just popped to the cellar to check, I bought a 17mm hex spanner, phew. Still no idea what I will ever do with the torx spanner set.

Last edited:
edit: just popped to the cellar to check, I bought a 17mm hex spanner, phew. Still no idea what I will ever do with the torx spanner set.

Take 'em back?

Xmas present?

The torx set would have been useful if you'd kept the Smart!

lol, kind of daft thing I'd do!

Kate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom