What a waste

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JumboBeef

Car
W124 E220 Estate Auto
Words fail me:

Now, where did you say you left the car? The £28m backlog of perfectly driveable vehicles waiting to be SCRAPPED | Mail Online

article-1263548-08E83CEF000005DC-949_964x621.jpg

I spot at least three MBs in there.....

All that to get behind the wheel of an 'orrid little Hyundai i10!!

So they got £2,000 discount! Wow, big deal!

I see two As (one silver, one black). I haven't found Wally yet ;)

Who would let that ML go for 2k?!!!

2 As
3 Cs red, dark blue and a silver estate
1 E
1 ML

What a shameful waste of cars.

Last edited:
The silly think I feel is that most of the sheep who took part in the scheme didn't really do all that well out of it.

I mean the people who didn't really want or need a new car, but talked themselves into it thinking that they were getting a great deal, trading in a typical car probably worth about £1000-1500 and buying a new £8/10/12k eurobox on finance :dk:

Fair enough, it's good value if you needed (and wanted) specifically a brand new car and had a complete snotter of a car worth a couple of hundred quid, but I can't help but feel overall that most people who took part liked the idea of thinking that they were getting a great deal, when IMHO most of them didn't really.

Will

Front half of the pic is the Guild of Women Parkers showing off their talents.

It's made a joke of the environmental credentials of the scrappage scheme. Whatever happened to; reduce, reuse, recycle?

Agreed - pity we couldn't trade some of our politicians in on a scrappage scheme - trouble is you wouldn't even get 2p for them never mind 2 grand .

The silly think I feel is that most of the sheep who took part in the scheme didn't really do all that well out of it.

I mean the people who didn't really want or need a new car, but talked themselves into it thinking that they were getting a great deal, trading in a typical car probably worth about £1000-1500 and buying a new £8/10/12k eurobox on finance :dk:

Fair enough, it's good value if you needed (and wanted) specifically a brand new car and had a complete snotter of a car worth a couple of hundred quid, but I can't help but feel overall that most people who took part liked the idea of thinking that they were getting a great deal, when IMHO most of them didn't really.

Will

Totally agree.

What's with the two blue Jeep Cherokees?! A job lot? Such a shame - I'd love one of those for some real off-road fun! :D

Just glad the scheme is over! Such a waste of cars... :(

It is a total disgrace. Shocking.

What would have been the newest a car was allowed to be, in order to scrap it? A few of the vehicles there are 2000MY.

Last edited:
According to another fourm:

This is completely fake. There is no back-log as the industry can cope perfectly well with the scrappage scheme vehicles. The scrappage scheme has only taken the total number of cars scrapped in the past year up to the amount one would expect in a typical year - and the whole of the vehicle scrappage industry has excess capacity anyway.

It must also be fake because scappage scheme vehicles are not held separately in any significant numbers separate from other scrap cars.

Why the Mail has chosen to do this I've no idea - New Labour are quite capable of making themselves look silly without this nonsense.

That burgundy 202 could have fed mine with loads of bits! Bet the front bumper is in better nick. Whatever the story behind the pic i'd love to know why it goes from parking to simply dumping in the space of a few feet!

m.

Can I spot the rear cluster of a SEC at the very top right? or is it a Granada? (behind the old black 5 series)

Last edited:
Its an outrage. I spot fairly modern usable cars there. There are mercs, an e39 5 series in there (WTF??), heaps focus's and other humdrum stuff that would soldier on and provide folk who do not have a lot of money a servicable car.

And for what, to prop up the Korean economy.

Its Darwinian theory in action but a in a different way, the re-distrobution of wealth, it occurs entirely naturally through our own "self destruct" mechanism. This used to be a country of great standing and industry, now its propping up and furthering the causes of other countries through the electorates own stupid choices and their choice of politician.

I am no apologist for the Labour Party, but to be fair the scrappage scheme has served a purpose and I suspect it assisted in getting car manufacturing and dealers off their knees last year. I also agree with Will that many people were stupid enough to think they were getting a good deal, when in fact it was all smoke and mirrors and the result is that many decent cars have been taken off the roads. I can understand a trading a 17 year old Sierra GL for £2000 being a decent deal on the right car, but some, if not most, of the cars in that picture have plenty of life left in them.

I bet not all of those cars end up as metre square cubes......

Its Darwinian theory in action but a in a different way, the re-distrobution of wealth, it occurs entirely naturally through our own "self destruct" mechanism. This used to be a country of great standing and industry, now its propping up and furthering the causes of other countries through the electorates own stupid choices and their choice of politician.

Nobody I know voted for Globalisation...

You're confusing what's good for us with what's good for Money, and seem to be under the impression the latter would let the former vote against its best interests...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom