What alloys do I have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tbourner

Car
AMG A45
So I now have a cracked rear alloy, and I've always thought mine were different to stock - and now I need to know what to order if it can't be repaired!

Usually the C218/X218 have these alloys:
Wrong alloy.jpg

Every picture I've found on Google image search and Autotrader shows those alloys, and they're pretty similar front/rear (just width I guess).
eg from autotrader:
Wrong alloy AT.jpg

But mine are much more angular and heavily dished:
AMG1.jpg
AMG6.jpg

So anyone any idea what model these are?

Are you sure those are OEM Mercedes alloys?
I had a quick look at the CLS/E/S class AMG alloys and those don't appear anywhere.

You can double check by removing one wheel and checking the part# on one of the rear spokes. It will also show the ET which should be 37 front and ET47 rear for a CLS63 W218.
It should start A then the model it was designed for followed by another 8 numbers. So for example A 218********

Once you have that you'll be able to order a new one from the dealer (or AWD if they are cheaper)
Mercedes Alloys - Alloy Wheels Direct

You can double check by removing one wheel and checking the part# on one of the rear spokes. It will also show the ET which should be 37 front and ET47 rear for a CLS63 W218.
It should start A then the model it was designed for followed by another 8 numbers. So for example A 218********

If you have an inspection mirror you can normally read the info with the wheel still on the car (using a torch).

cracks can usually be welded with no problems

Looking at the pic of the wheel on the car, the wheel would appear to be aftermarket. The place where it normally has "AMG" engraved into it, (on the face of the rim around the lip, if that makes sense) is blank.
Hopefully someone may be able to confirm, but I suspect I may be correct with my assumption.

Nothing on the spokes (excuse the dirt).

and it looks like I need to check the offset! Always confuses me though.

Dirty01.jpg Dirty02.jpg Dirty03.jpg Dirty04.jpg Dirty05.jpg

As suggested, those aren't MB wheels.

Reactions: Abb
Well it's a good job it could be repaired then, as I've got no idea what they are or where to get them from!! If I get another crack I'll have to buy a new set of 4.

So that rear wheel is a 9.5Jx19 ET35, rather than a 10Jx19 ET47. What does that mean? Should it have a spacer? 18mm? I'll have to get the garage to check the fronts as well I suppose.

So that rear wheel is a 9.5Jx19 ET35, rather than a 10Jx19 ET47. What does that mean? Should it have a spacer? 18mm? I'll have to get the garage to check the fronts as well I suppose.

Normally that would mean your alloy is 12mm (47 -35)closer to the caliper than it should be. But as your alloy is 9.5" wide instead of 10" it's not so close.:D
Your current wheels don't rub, so you are OK with an ET35 with that brand. If you had OEM rims with an ET35 you may need a 15mm spacer.

I love the wheels, they're much nicer than the stock ones, just a bit annoying that they're not AMG especially if I ever do need to replace one.

The only place I've found with a picture of them is here, but can't find anything related to those names anywhere else. Must be a cheap Chinese Alibaba brand!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom