What am I doing wrong?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freak

Car
C63S Coupe
I've copied and pasted the relevant specs of my C63S which was delivered last weekend, and I've been trying to figure out if it can park itself. I watched various videos, read the manual etc I select the cameras but it doesn't seem to detect any spaces and that's as far as I get, just driving around a car park slowly.

Park-Pilot including PARKTRONIC
Driving Assistance Package
Park-Pilot with 360° camera
Parking-Package with 360 camera

Spec is correct. So took me a few goes last week, the system being v particular about seeing a suitable space. You will soon get to know when it can be used...

For your first time suggest you find two cars parked parallel to the roadway with a decent 1.5 to 2 car space between them.

Drive past slowly with indicator on until the arrow appears next to the Blue P. Stop, select reverse and click ok to the question.

Worked for me. Good luck!

Here is my How To video (for a slightly older version, but same method):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is my How To video (for a slightly older version, but same method):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I watched your video last week in anticipation, will try again.

Is this a brand new car?

Wasn't Active Parking Assist disabled by MB on some models?

Is this a brand new car?

Wasn't Active Parking Assist disabled by MB on some models?
Good call. If yours is a brand new car then MB may have disabled the Park assist system just as they have on other models. Worth calling your Dealer to check?

I spoke to the dealer and he's assured me it's not been disabled, he mentioned in the next few months something will change regarding this but I should be OK.

I spoke to the dealer and he's assured me it's not been disabled, he mentioned in the next few months something will change regarding this but I should be OK.

I am not suggesting that I know for fact why the Parking Assist does not seem to be working on your car, but just to say that dealers don't really know about these things (sounds odd, I know), so I wouldn't rely on anything the dealer says - but you can check it very easily by running the VIN in a VIN decoder online and see if you have this option listed:

'8B8 Active Parking Assist reduction (UN R79)'

This will confirm if it has been disabled or not.

Oh good, then get your dealer to demonstrate how the parking assist should work in their car park!

There has to be other cars about, if there's loads of spaces it won't detect a space, as there's plenty of spaces.
It needs other vehicles in the proximity to work from.

you must have your indicators on in the direction you wish to parallel park...pull past the space as you would normally...select reverse and the parking pilot will then show on the middle part of the speedo dash area...you then have to press yes on the left hand side of the steering wheel....the gently press the accelerator and hey presto!

Might seem a bit obvious but is it switched on? You should have a green light on the button I think

So a small update...

The dealer has filmed a step by step and sent it over - great!

However, I'm doing the same sequence and I don't get the searching for parking spaces message on the command screen and the top down view on the r/h side on my screen my car isn't emitting the waves (if that makes sense).

So I've filmed my screen etc and sent that over, I'll wait for their response.

I had my Vito work van for 3 months before I realised it had it 😂 Still not used it 6 months on though...

There are videos on youtube showing how it works and how to work it, its a miracle how it works, i've only used it a few times but its great.

So a small update...

The dealer has filmed a step by step and sent it over - great!

However, I'm doing the same sequence and I don't get the searching for parking spaces message on the command screen and the top down view on the r/h side on my screen my car isn't emitting the waves (if that makes sense).

So I've filmed my screen etc and sent that over, I'll wait for their response.
I suspect that the mass disabling of Park Assist by Mercedes on latest models has caught your car😬 Your Dealer really should be giving you a definitive answer as they can review the spec to check.

I suspect that the mass disabling of Park Assist by Mercedes on latest models has caught your car😬 Your Dealer really should be giving you a definitive answer as they can review the spec to check.
Yes, I suspect this is the case TBH... but you would think they would know?!?!?

And as I've paid for this functionality I'd expect it to work or compensate the cost.

They likely do know, and are just hoping you’ll give up and go quietly, because they don’t want to face the alternative!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom