What an idiot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seven

Car
Transporter Kombi
Chris Huhne. Discuss.

Let it serve as a warning to others who are thinking about getting someone else to take their speeding points.

It happens all to often when couples split up or friends fall out and then report the matter to the Police.

Chris Huhne was caught speeding ten years ago so I would bet there are one or two worried individuals out there as a result of this case.

True

Interesting that his whistle blowing wife is probably regretting blowing that particular whistle though.

True

Interesting that his whistle blowing wife is probably regretting blowing that particular whistle though.

Also true but in the heat of the moment it is seen as sweet revenge without realising the consequences of their own actions in reporting the matter.

The worst thing is he lied to try and get away with the original lie.
He's a law maker, which also makes his actions hypocritical...do as I say rather than as I do.
I've always though those who want to rule us are by definition the wrong people to be elected, this arrogant liar proves the point...I only wish I could take comfort that he is in the minority.

I notice that in spite of knowing he was guilty he still waited until the last possible minute before admitting it. Clearly hoping to get away with it which is shocking for an M.P. ........ sorry former MP

MP's are normal people representing their electorate. Why do we have higher expectations of them? Out of a typical representative sample there will be a number of people who push the limits and end up committing criminal acts.

Guys, be nice to her on Valentines.....

Haven't seen anything of the CH outcome. What happened? Jail for PCJ?

He is to return (having been granted bail) for sentencing at a future date to be decided.

Huhne, putting the Hu into hubris.

MP's are normal people representing their electorate. Why do we have higher expectations of them? Out of a typical representative sample there will be a number of people who push the limits and end up committing criminal acts.

Because they've put themselves up to rule, they don't represent us, in fact they are quite adamant they are not delegates but post election will do what they think best and not represent the views of their constituents.
We have a right to expect those who couch the laws to obey them, and when they err to take the same penalty as the rest of us...not get someone else to take the rap for them because they're too important.

We have a right AND expectancy of all MPS to be law abiding and beyond question.

WE pay their wages and they are paid to serve us.

You would not expect an employee of your company to lie and steal from you. And if they did you would have the right to sack them.

We have a right AND expectancy of all MPS to be law abiding and beyond question.

WE pay their wages and they are paid to serve us.

You would not expect an employee of your company to lie and steal from you. And if they did you would have the right to sack them.

Succinctly and perfectly put.

Still we do have higher expectations of elected politicians... MPs and ministers, anyone in public office in fact.

The vast majority of recent scandals would have made no more than a journalistic footnote - if that - were the people involved not in public office.

The original 'pleb' affair... the duck island... even the Hamiltons' cash for questions.

All wrong in one way or another, some are an offence, but none would have received the media coverage they did was it not for the alleged perpetrators being in public office.

But it's their position in public office that gives them opportunities to decieve in ways denied mere mortals (pleb affair, expenses, cash for questions). Hence the full force of the law is required when they breach the trust invested in them.

Oh dear how sad never mind

Attachments

• huhnegotcha.jpg
    huhnegotcha.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 7
Whilst politicians are human and fallible like the rest of us, basic honesty is a neccessary requirement for those who would govern us, and perhaps others should conduct a bit of self examination as to their representation of the public in Parliament.

Still thinking that your all giving politicians too much credit!

Given they are tasked to govern and improve the economy but spend their time instead plotting the overthrow of their leader - you may have a point there.

Given they are tasked to govern and improve the economy but spend their time instead plotting the overthrow of their leader - you may have a point there.

...and in this instance plotting to avoid the weight of the law, perjure himself and his ex-wife. Lie to the voters, his colleagues etc.

This sadly only ever had one ending after it was discovered (documented proof) that his wife could not have been at the wheel at the time that she claimed she was.

Hell hath no fury... He is an idiot and should have stood up day 1 and admitted his guilt. He may well have saved his skin.

His ex-wife is pleading guilty by coercion. That may well see her end up joining him in the pokey. Darwin at it finest.

Hell hath no fury... He is an idiot and should have stood up day 1 and admitted his guilt. He may well have saved his skin.

Taken the points you mean?

His ex-wife is pleading guilty by coercion. That may well see her end up joining him in the pokey. Darwin at it finest.

Stripy suntans for both of them then.
Can't see what Darwin has to do with it though. Have I missed the extinction of an entire species? Or did Darwin's studies include the jailing of a couple of liars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom