What are Bentley thinking???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilus

SUPPORTER
Car
BMW M340i
Just read this article on AOL. Apparently Bentley have 'gifted' a £265k Mulsanne to Cheryl Cole of all people! I would have thought they would want to prevent vacuous mime artists diluting the exclusivity of their brand. At least they didn't one to Tulisa!

Bentley gifts Cheryl Cole £265,000 Mulsanne | AOL Cars UK

I hope the taxman reads this!

To be accurate, it was Jack Barclay (owned by HR Owen) who gave her the car, not Bentley themselves...

I imagine they think if all her chavvy mates see her in one they will rush to the showroom?

Well, that's it then, no Bentley for me this year! :D:D:D

She is the most awful female to grace our tv screens, give her a bentley!!!!, i would not given her the scrapings off my ..................

No SPX.......bottom

She is the most awful female to grace our tv screens

Not true, i give you Davina McCall, Miranda Hart, All of the patients on One Born Every Minute, every contestant of any reality TV show ever and the various members of Loose Women.

Bentley by way of its agents or whatever, has always been interested to promote itself with this type of publicity seeking stunt.

If you follow the history of the company, a string of well heeled playboys, actresses and similar types of person will appear. There are however some genuine heroes, sportsmen and all-round good eggs as well, so we won't put all Bentley owners or afficionadoes into the same category.

jfs, Bentley owner, and all square curate's egg.

I got out of a Mulsanne at the Canary Wharf show, closed the door and thought 'meh'. Nice, but doors closed with a little less solidity than I'd expect. £250k? I think not.

If you think it's unfair, how do you think Posh feels?? :D :D :bannana:

It's not exactly going to damage Bentleys image, they are footballer cars now first and foremost.

I am a big Bentley fan, my father had a few including an original blower (as his first car!), but ever since VW bought them they have lost any appeal, not because of the ownership but because of the model range, which look rubbish, and have driven the image in the wrong direction.

I had free use of a Conti Gt for a while, an 05 model, and it felt like a big VW, and had quite a few mechanical issues. It went like stink but was the biggest let down in terms of driving/owning.

Cheryl,cole is exactly who I think of owning a Bentley these days.

What I found more interesting on the same web page was Anita Krizsan the saleswoman who sold eleven Bugatti Veyrons last year for £13million. Wonder what her commission was?

Most commission is based on profit, each Veyron sold is done so at a loss, so therefore she probably owes money to Bugatti ;)

Why do all threads on here try to slag people off?

What is wrong with a Bentley dealer letting any prominent person use a sponsored car, it happens in all walks of life?

Some of you either need to stop reading the Daily Wail or stop coming on this forum.

She is the most awful female to grace our tv screens, give her a bentley!!!!, i would not given her the scrapings off my ..................

No SPX.......bottom

What has she done that is so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom