What are common problems of A180?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

naser1998x

Car
Mercedes A180 2015 Manual Diesel 66,000 miles
Hi guys, I am thinking to buy a: Mercedes A180, 2015, 66,000 miles, 1.5, manual, diesel. Are there common issues with these models that I should be wary of? Specifically, regarding transmission and engine reliability. Of course these all depends on how the well the car has been serviced; however, assuming it has been well taken care of, what are the common problems?

Any help would be much appricated.

Thank you all!

If this is the Diesel engine with the timing belt... then you want to check that it was replaced at the right interval.

AFAIK most of the engines in the A/B Class are not made by mercedes. If that means anything to you.

AFAIK most of the engines in the A/B Class are not made by mercedes. If that means anything to you.
I think some are Renault designs and others Mitsubishi ?

Reactions: AMV
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
What a convoluted process ! So much easier to split a timing chain and wind a new one in ...

I do like his vehicle hoist .

Modern FWD vehicles are full of ingenious packaging of major components such as the engine and gearbox. Unfortunately this can make fairly routine maintenance operations difficult of access and thus servicing expense due to the extra labour time costs . :(

Reactions: 219
MB are past masters at that with the original A class 20 years ago.

Reactions: 219
Big problem with the A class is water leaks from failed air vents that are situated behind the rear bumper, firstly check for damp rear carpets

seriously look here Water in rear passenger footwell & you could also search water leaks on that forum
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom