What are the chances of that?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
I’m sat in Starbucks browsing MBClub and having a coffee whilst Mrs D has her barnet perfected so I can immediately ruin it by driving home in spitting rain with the roof down. Anyway…

…as I’m sat here I received multiple motion alerts telling me that the security cameras had spotted people at both of our homes at precisely the same moment, I assumed it must be an error.

Due to poor signal here i couldn’t talk to them, or they were ignoring me (Mrs D does the same). Looking at them I suspect that both pairs of people were Jehova’s Witnesses calling door to door.

One of the pairs didn’t even ring the doorbell despite there being several to choose from, and weirdly started walking around the garden! As they didn’t respond - and one looked like J Savill - I set if the alarm and they left.

Baby D is now a miserable teenager and is home alone , no doubt sleeping or olaying driving games. Despite all of the alerts soundibg he didn’t think to go outside and see who was out there. He’s a lazy sausage:

They were in both places at precisely 1126 but around 30 miles apart - what are the chances of that?

What are your incredible coincidence stories?

What are your incredible coincidence stories?
I was just idly wondering what, at any particular time, is the average distance two pair of Jehovah's witnesses are apart, and then I came on mbclub forum.........

I got off the plane in Barbados.....and met my next door neighbour there at the airport! I knew he was going on holiday the same time as me....because he couldn't feed my rabbits.....but somehow the subject of where he was going never came up. We were even in the same resort (not the on the same flight)....but different hotels!! What are the chances??? Spent the fortnight trying to avoid the boring old boy.....its alright...i can say that now....he died at Christmas!!!! 😄

I got off the plane in Barbados.....and met my next door neighbour there at the airport! I knew he was going on holiday the same time as me....because he couldn't feed my rabbits.....but somehow the subject of where he was going never came up. We were even in the same resort (not the on the same flight)....but different hotels!! What are the chances??? Spent the fortnight trying to avoid the boring old boy.....it’s alright...i can say that now....he died at Christmas!!!! 😄
That’s incredible!

I flew from Manchester to Orlando in 1992 and saw PJ & Duncan at Manchester Airport. We went again in 1993 and sure enough we saw PJ & Duncan at Manchester Airport again

Last edited:
I was just idly wondering what, at any particular time, is the average distance two pair of Jehovah's witnesses are apart, and then I came on mbclub forum.........
I sent both pairs over to you, they should be there any moment now 😁

That’s incredible!

I flew from Manchester to Orlando in 1992 and saw PJ & Duncan at Manchester Airport. We went again in 1993 and sure enough we saw PJ & Duncan at Manchester Airport again
Two homes and you know who PJ & Duncan are. Surely that's a coincidence?

Two homes and you know who PJ & Duncan are. Surely that's a coincidence?
Evvvvryone knew who PJ & Duncan were in 1992/3. I hear they’re still reasonably well known.

Coincidence?
Years ago, we lived in Scotland and my grandfather who lived in the South of England came to visit.
We decided to take a trip to Perth - about an hour's drive away from where we lived - and whilst wandering around the town centre my grandfather suddenly spotted someone and said " I know him!!!!"
The person in question was an old army buddy who my grandfather had served with in Malaysia.
What are the chances?

On one of my many 250 miles routes I spotted my 3 doors down Ex Chief Constable Neighbours car parked in what can only be described as one of Romney Marshes infamous "Dogging Spots". Could have been completely innocent watching the local wildlife in the pitch dark, you never know 😁

On one of my many 250 miles routes I spotted my 3 doors down Ex Chief Constable Neighbours car parked in what can only be described as one of Romney Marshes infamous "Dogging Spots". Could have been completely innocent watching the local wildlife in the pitch dark, you never know 😁
👀

In the early naughties, I was a London commuter. Oh dark stupid train into town, and whilst waiting on the underground platform, positioned like any hardened commuter within inches of the expected door opening. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I ignored it assuming it was someone saying step back. Tapped again, I turned around and it was my father on a different commute from a different town. How odd we should end up waiting for the same Northern line train - at the same point on he platform, bear in mind there’s one every two/three minutes in rush hour.

This has happened so often!

1: Enjoying a meal in Ronda, overheard a Scottish accent. We asked the young girl where she was from?

Oh! you’ll never have heard of it.

Try us.

A remote village - where my Brother-in-Law had been the primary school headteacher years before. She was my Niece’s best friend!

2: Looking through the window of an art gallery shop in Kennebunkport, we spotted a painting of a belted Galloway cow. How ridiculous – all this way to see a Beltie when you rarely actually see them in Galloway.

A nearby couple overheard us and agreed.

Oh! Where are you from?

A village near Kirkcudbright. Yeah, and they knew my friends who also live there.

3: In London, I spotted an Edinburgh-registered Porsche. The reg plate bore the name of the garage owned by a guy I went to school with. And who then stepped out from a shop – hadn’t seen him in 30 years.

I can think of at least another three – Bruges, Barcelona and London.

Stand on any street corner and eventually, someone you know will pass by… ;)

I met an old friend when touring a winery in Australia. It felt very unlikely, and indeed the probability of meeting him there, or of any of these other events occurring, is very low. But as Dawkins wrote, there are so many of these unlikely events (most of which don't occur) that it becomes quite likely that one of them WILL occur.

I've posted it before but I have a somewhat unusual name and according to the nice lady at the DVLA circa 2005 pre data protection there are only 2 other people in the country that share my name (with driving licences anyway !)

Completely randomly I've met both of them. One was my jail bait Uncles Solicitor and I sold a bed to the other. Spooky 🤪

That’s incredible!

Bl00dy el, they timed that wrong, didn't they. 😉🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom