What are these switches for

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark270ml

Car
A class
Hi Forum members

I am hoping to buy an old CLS C219 320cdi. The options lists are almost endless and it is difficult to work out which cars had what.
Could any one please tell me what the switches to the rear of the gear lever in the photo are for?
I think the switch on the right may be to silence the parking sensor beeps. The other two I have no idea about.

TIA

Mark

Markcls what are these switches for.jpg

The button on the left raises or lowers the car on its airmatic suspension.
The centre button stiffens the car on its shock absorbers. IIRC, 2 red lights is stiffest setting.

The button on the right switches the parking sensors off or on.

Left button raises the car so you can ease over speed humps or not foul your splitter on the kerb.
Middle button selects suspension mode. Comfort. Airmatic DC1 = a little firmer and lower. Airmatic DC2 = firmer and lower again.
Right button turns park sensors off.
Engage Airmatic DC2 and manual gearbox for some fun.
Put your VIN into this and you'll get the car's build sheet
VIN DECODER

Thank you for all the replies:)
Is the air suspension reliable. I have seen anything from £500 to £900 for a replacement unit.
Do you think that it is more sensible to buy one with normal springs?

TIA

I always thought the button on the right was to tell those speed kings up yer ass where they should go when they're flashing you to move over.

So it seems Mercedes haven't thought of everything after all.

I always thought the button on the right was to tell those speed kings up yer ass where they should go when they're flashing you to move over.

So it seems Mercedes haven't thought of everything after all.
I have a CLS55 so nobody flashes me to move over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom