What are these tyres like???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benz270cdi

Car
W209 clk 270cdi , Triumph daytona 675
Are Michelin pilot sport tyres any good? I'm thinking of putting them on a set of 18"s any recommendations?

I've had them on mine - fine tyre but there are others as good for less money. Kumhos for instance.

Check the price of the Falken 452 tyres as well, I'm on my second set after originally trying Dunlop sports which I didn't like at all. Search this forum for feedback it's where I found out about them.

^ As above I just bought Falken 452's as so many good recomendations,

265/35/18 around 120each with £5 deleivery from Camskils

My wife's SLK350 is on Michelin Pilot Sport 2's and they stick like the proverbial to a blanket. The downside is that wear rate (on the rear, at least) is relatively high. I would recommend them.

One caution is that the Pilot Sport 3 is not un "upgraded" version of the Pilot Sport 2: it's still a great tyre but it's not so performance orientated.

My Bridgestones were sha**ed - odd the fronts had only lasted 8000 miles (backs loads left??) and I was going to get Falkens 412's but was put off as several said they wouldn't last - so I got some Goodyear Eagle F1's 225 45 17 Y @ £100 each

Old Bridgstones - actually worse than they look:crazy: sorry big piccy

Attachments

• IMG00439-20110203-1320.jpg
    IMG00439-20110203-1320.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 87
I had Goodyear Eagle F1's on the front, did not last long at all, although a very grippy tyre.

Currently on Falken ZE912's, great tyre at a reasonable price, and does not have the tread pattern of the 452's which make my CLK pull to the left. So, 912's are highly recommended by me.

Russ

I had Goodyear Eagle F1's on the front, did not last long at all, although a very grippy tyre.

Currently on Falken ZE912's, great tyre at a reasonable price, and does not have the tread pattern of the 452's which make my CLK pull to the left. So, 912's are highly recommended by me.

Russ

Yes I think I would have done my wife proud on this one - what shall I get - oh yes I know - now I'll change my mind and get something completely different:D :crazy:. Probably read too much info to be honest - my Bridgestones pulled to the left even though it had a 4 wheel alignment by wheels of motion - was not impressed with the Bridgestones - not done enough miles to judge the Eagles yet!

The pilot sport 2 are my 2nd favorite tyre on mine (just after the conti SC3). I haven't tried the new michelin PS3, but might be my next set.

I've got them on the front of my car and they seem fine - not wearing too quickly and plenty of grip. The Conti Sport Contacts I put on the rear on the other hand are wearing down at an alarming rate.

I've got them on the front of my car and they seem fine - not wearing too quickly and plenty of grip. The Conti Sport Contacts I put on the rear on the other hand are wearing down at an alarming rate.

From experience SC3's are much better than SC2's. I had one SC2 and one SC3 on the rear last year due to a c*ck up by Kwik Fit. When I came to put winter tyres on the SC2 was shot and the SC3 still had 4-5mm left! Both were put on at the same time.

This was after about 12K Miles

From experience SC3's are much better than SC2's. I had one SC2 and one SC3 on the rear last year due to a c*ck up by Kwik Fit. When I came to put winter tyres on the SC2 was shot and the SC3 still had 4-5mm left! Both were put on at the same time.

Mine are both SC3's. I just keep playing too much on the slippery roads. I think next year I'll get some winter tyres - I recon it might just be cheaper in the long run - less sliding about.

I hope Kwik Fit compensated you by the way. If you do use Kwik Fit make sure they quote you their internet prices - quite a bit cheaper I've found.

I hope Kwik Fit compensated you by the way. If you do use Kwik Fit make sure they quote you their internet prices - quite a bit cheaper I've found.

They've agreed to make a contribution to my next pair (in writing). I've dealt with them quite a bit over the years and they are decent guys who usually know what they are doing.

Always book on-line to get the internet price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom