what are these worth? black series cherished plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudz-amg

Car
C63 AMG
This is just a feeler, i currently have the plates BS63 AMG & BS63 SLS on retention.

Having seen MB63 AMG go for around £5.2k what do you think these are worth? would anyone here be interested in them.

Having seen MB63 AMG go for around £5.2k what do you think these are worth? would anyone here be interested in them.

Where did you see that plate sell for that amount?

There's a plate for sale in the classifieds that reads 'OC63 AMG' or if you wanted to space the letters illegally 'O C63 AMG' and I think he wants about £600.

' O C63 AMG ' sounds a bit like a Christmas carol ....

Where did you see that plate sell for that amount?

There's a plate for sale in the classifieds that reads 'OC63 AMG' or if you wanted to space the letters illegally 'O C63 AMG' and I think he wants about £600.

It sold at the last dvla auction. hammer price was £4k so with fees around £5.2k

ive had lots of private plates on cars i have bought before two significant ones were "m3" ones and they only had a market value around the 500 mark. really depends if someone is after that specific plate to be fair.
there is companies that buy plates if you needed a quick hassle free sell.just google it mate

Ive got RS 10 SLS and RS 63 SLS PAID £350 ++ for them each

They are worth what someone would pay...

'we' probably all know how much they roughly cost as best place id the DLVA.

However if you find a collector who has a Black series SLS then yes they may pay several times what you paid to have one.

Your market is very very small though....so good luck. I would think most owners of cars such as these already have their initials as private plates already.

I bought T1 NYX where X is my wife's initial. as her nickname is TINY.

I've seen these advertised for £7K plus yet I paid £499 all in from DVLA. If someone offers me £7K then its sold :)

good luck

I'm in no rush to sell them so looks like i'll be holding on to them for the time being.

Value is always determined by what someone is willing to pay for it so i completely understand that viewpoint.

Ive got RS 10 SLS and RS 63 SLS PAID £350 ++ for them each

I think you bought these plates as soon as they were released as all the ??63 AMG plates are £799++ now.

Also are your initials RS, i bought BS specifically for Black Series.

Who knows what the future may hold, might have a 63 Black Series one day for the plates.

I'm in no rush to sell them so looks like i'll be holding on to them for the time being.

Value is always determined by what someone is willing to pay for it so i completely understand that viewpoint.

SLS production is coming to an end...I wouldn't hang about.

I would think that the rarity and value of Black Series, combined with the probable affluence of owners would make these plates worth a reasonable amount.

You may just have to carefully market them and wait a while for that elusive buyer.

Plates that are car related are certainly better than stupid made up names.

I like them both :thumb:.

Last edited:
To be fair though , owners of cars of that level usually have properly expensive plates , usually of their initials.

Look at Matts Ferraris for example

A210AMG said:
I bought T1 NYX where X is my wife's initial. as her nickname is TINY.

Was that ever on a Red Smart car? If not it's got a very similar plate, only caught my eye because my mates nickname is tiny as well though he's a 6ft 6 copper.

No..

The actual plate is T1 NYK

(where X is my wife's initial) she's had it on a few cars now... but it was bought new my me from the DVLA.

A210AMG said:
No.. The actual plate is T1 NYK (where X is my wife's initial) she's had it on a few cars now... but it was bought new my me from the DVLA.

Ahhh so T1 NYX might be on the Smart then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom