What are they and where can I buy them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Giantvanman

MB Enthusiast
Car
FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
I've used all sorts of permutations of:-

Locking leg stays, table leg stays, lid stays, and many, many more different to no avail. There are some suitable for jewellery boxes and the like and some for pasting tables that are far too long but nothing heavy duty enough for my needs.

The first picture is from an American site (leg stay) and the second is from a picture I found. I need them to be heavy duty and about 150mm/6" in total length.

Any suggestions appreciated.

4HARSTAYZ-DIMS_640.jpg lockhinge1.jpg

Thanks for that.....feeling a little foolish (and inept) having spent time searching and failing.
Cheers
Kevin

Just so you know you are not alone! I need the EXACT thing as per the link Gordon has posted and couldn't find one for love nor money despite my best efforts trying to describe it to companies. Mine is for a lid stay from my trailer tent kitchen hob unit, which I managed to snap in a fit of camping rage! lol

Amazing what info can be found on this forum! :)

Kevin i looked on ebay and amazon as well as googled them .I find nothing like it only cabinet hinges or for the quarter lights in double glazing . I do have a camping table in the garage with two on . You could look for a cheap tube type table , the part you need are used to lock, and hold the legs open .

I've used all sorts of permutations of:-

Locking leg stays, table leg stays, lid stays, and many, many more different to no avail. There are some suitable for jewellery boxes and the like and some for pasting tables that are far too long but nothing heavy duty enough for my needs.

The first picture is from an American site (leg stay) and the second is from a picture I found. I need them to be heavy duty and about 150mm/6" in total length.

Any suggestions appreciated.

View attachment 76766 View attachment 76764
Welli ts err , you know ...a um , thingumy Jig ..thing type od support clicky thing...

Can’t you just cut down a broom handle and use that ?

Just so you know you are not alone! I need the EXACT thing as per the link Gordon has posted and couldn't find one for love nor money despite my best efforts trying to describe it to companies. Mine is for a lid stay from my trailer tent kitchen hob unit, which I managed to snap in a fit of camping rage! lol

Amazing what info can be found on this forum! :)
Camping rage !! I had forgotten all about that, thanks for the memories. Aaaa Happy days

Reactions: Abb
Kevin i looked on ebay and amazon as well as googled them .I find nothing like it only cabinet hinges or for the quarter lights in double glazing . I do have a camping table in the garage with two on . You could look for a cheap tube type table , the part you need are used to lock, and hold the legs open .

Unfortunately, the Amazon ones are for jewellery boxes so neither strong nor long enough and the pasting table ones I've found are too long by far. The ones GordonTarling found are ideal but I'll keep in mind finding a table with them.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Kev did you find any? Try Ironmongery Direct nearest i can find i see one for a paste table hinge .

I looked at them, thanks. The pasting table ones are too long. They needed to be around about 150mm in total and the pasting table ones are normally in the 220-250mm range. Thanks anyway.

GVM Try this item number 182383563548 or put this in the search on ebay .
Antique Bronze Vertical Upholstery Furniture Hinge Box Case, Lid Support. These are from china .Its the place they were made to start with like everything else is . But if you are stuck its the only place you will get these from .We have sfa in uk now .If you need anything ,i bet its will be for sale on ebay and made over in China I have had a few things from China and trevop.jpg its not a problem .

Try looking for "Joint Hinges" on Google. Use the "image" option.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is for a retrofit project.... already have a hinged joint on the trolley as per the second picture and wanted to specifically add the flap stays of the type that GordonTarling found.

Last edited:
GVM Try this item number 182383563548 or put this in the search on ebay .
Antique Bronze Vertical Upholstery Furniture Hinge Box Case, Lid Support. These are from china .Its the place they were made to start with like everything else is . But if you are stuck its the only place you will get these from .We have sfa in uk now .If you need anything ,i bet its will be for sale on ebay and made over in China I have had a few things from China and its not a problem .

Thanks for finding them and for the kind offer.

I'm going to try the ones GordonTarling found the other day first of and see how it goes. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom