What are you getting for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
What are you getting for Christmas?

I was very close to getting a Garmin Venu as a combination replacement for my dying and/or dead Omega Seamaster and my little Fitbit activity tracker. Went to the watch shop yesterday for the final time to see if he could breathe life back in the Omega. And he put a new battery in it. Bingo! It's not been the most reliable thing I've ever owned (it's been repaired three times) but was a present for my 40th, I love the look and feel of it and I really love having it back on my wrist

So suddenly I had £269 "spare" to spend on a present. As I really am not wanting for anything, I told the Mrs I wanted to get my wheels refurbed and she went for it. The quote was £200 for a refurb of my Style IV's + some minor paint correction

I can't wait!

What are you getting?

Treated myself to a pair of Gay trainers that I have been waiting 30 years to be released in my size (only been available in Womens sizes up til now) :)

I'm just hoping to have a clear enough head, and some energy, to try to enjoy the day. Alas, I feel the liklihood is slim to nil.😔

As Rob said above. Guilt free time with family. I've had more than enough treats throughout the year with the mods to van, tools galore and our new (to us) car. I've told Mrs Ant to get me nowt but I already see gifts appearing under the tree.

Time with my wife and children.

Mrs D may insist on giving me something on Christmas day so I suggested that she wrapped up the MB boot crate and hose I bought a few weeks ago and which are still in their box!! :D
Yeah that's me. I really tried to want the Garmin but didn't really want it all. Some fettling to my Merc, on the other hand....

Just looking to shutdown for two weeks for a quiet bubble'd christmas with a small part of the family and a couple of days interchange within that bubble. Planing to on using the rest of the time without the usual maelstrom of visitors to catch up on a personal project plus some catchup reading. I'd like to make at least one really good day out in the West Highlands by myself to get some winter landscapes and low sun but AIUI the rules seem to preclude that.

Last 7 months have been very busy at work and I've become quite jaded because it feels like I haven't done much other than just work. Glad to have a job. But not so glad about the lack of private time. Feels like a lost year of my life.

SWMBO has declared she doesn't want a present this year. I'm not enthused by much - thought about a Macbook Pro M1 briefly but then thought "what's the point". So I don't really want anything either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom