What brakes for W168?

dtr

Car
Seat Toledo III 1.9TDI
I think I will soon need new brake pads and brake discs for my A class

I could get the whole set from MB for £120 or £150 - can't remember exactly - and get it installed by a decent affordable garage

OR

shall I look for something a little more special? Something like drilled discs and ceramic pads? As long as it doesn't cost much more...

I do use my brakes a lot. I drive home everyday downhill for about 3 miles and pretty much have my foot on the brake pedal. There are many turns, junctions and parked up cars so I have to be careful. I also need a bit more confidence with the brakes in case of an emergency stop. And hopefully lest dust...

nick mercedes

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Expedition

I could get the whole set from MB for £120 or £150 - can't remember exactly - and get it installed by a decent affordable garage

Do the work yourself, they're a doddle to do, I've just done my A140s brakes, oddly pads were £5 less at MB than at where we're now supposed to buy parts from.

EuroCarParts

Authorised Forum Sponsor
Car
European

OR

shall I look for something a little more special? Something like drilled discs and ceramic pads? As long as it doesn't cost much more...

I do use my brakes a lot. I drive home everyday downhill for about 3 miles and pretty much have my foot on the brake pedal. There are many turns, junctions and parked up cars so I have to be careful. I also need a bit more confidence with the brakes in case of an emergency stop. And hopefully lest dust...

I think there are users on here who can show you simple exploded diagrams of how to fit them - from the sounds of it, its a simple job.

as for the part - i would recommend going for good quality replacement parts - Performance brakes wont give you a great advatantage if you compare the price difference.

If you drop me your reg i can help you find the right parts - and remember MBclub members get a 25% discount.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom