What c class diesel would you recommend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DieselPete

Car
Mercedes ml 270 - BMW330d
Well my bmw 330d has been sold as it was getting a little rusty in places and while i really fancy another im also looking at the c class range ie c220 or the c320cdi or anything else in the c range as long as it diesel. Iv got 10-15k to spend so hopefully somthing decent can be found but are there any issues that plague any of the engines or are they all pretty much ok? The wife will be the main driver commuting around 40 mls each way to her place of work. Maintance is no big issue as im a diesel mechanic and can tackle even the worst jobs if they arrise be id prefer them not to. Cheers. Tho i really really fancy another 330d.....

C350cdi

Well for the money you want to spend I would go for a a 2012/13 C220 Estate, there are a few auto AMG ones around for the money you want to spend,I prefer the Estate to the saloon I think it looks better,you obviously run a car until the wheels drop off so you might as well get a late model with about 30,000 on the clock as you say your wife will be driving it,so a C320 is not going to achieve any more and you will struggle to find a late one in that price bracket

Yes, C350 every time.

Well for the money you want to spend I would go for a a 2012/13 C220 Estate, there are a few auto AMG ones around for the money you want to spend,I prefer the Estate to the saloon I think it looks better,you obviously run a car until the wheels drop off so you might as well get a late model with about 30,000 on the clock as you say your wife will be driving it,so a C320 is not going to achieve any more and you will struggle to find a late one in that price bracket

Yep your right i hate buying cars and woould rather just keep it as long as i can. Mechanicaly the 330d was spot on and i even took it around oulton park a few times. Il keep my eye out now for a nice c220 but if a v6 comes up at a decent price id let my heart rule my head.

I cant comment on the full range as my experience is limited. However, on paper and to significantly cut running costs from previously owning 4x4's the C220 estate came out as the best all rounder.

On the road, I'm a picky car owner and I regularly do at least one 300 mile round trip a week with lots of short hauls in between. Carry 3 dogs about and enjoy using the "s" button now and then

Theres faster and theres cheaper but as a comfy economical all rounder with standards, its a hit for me.

Looks good too although the black is a bugger to keep clean :)

Go out and find (if you can) a C30 CDi AMG.

If you can find a C350 in your price range, go for it. You'll never look back.

I drive a CLS350 and my old boss drove a C350, and we both agreed that the 3.0 litre diesel engine is one of the best ones out there for smoothness and power delivery.

(In fact, when Mercedes dropped the 3.0 litre from its C class line up, he was gutted).

I've just changed to 330d touring after a 320cdi then a c250cdi and an e 250 cdi over the last 10 years . Huge difference. The BM engine is a peach and so is the 8 speed auto. No doubt what my recommendation is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom