what can the knocking be?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrcgibb

Car
230 clk w208
i have had my 1999 clk into the garage had 2 new front springs fitted and anti roll bar bushed were shot , but the drivers side still has a knocking sound over rough roads not a heavy knock more a tat tat ta sound any ideas what i should look at once a jack car up , its the drivers side as well ?

I had a creaking from my front nearside. Replacing lower ball joints fixed it.

Suspension control arm bushes ?

Does it knock if you dab the brakes ?

Hi thanks for replies , no it doesnt knock when I apply brakes just over bumps :)

I suppose it will be quite easy to see once I get the wheel off?

I suppose it will be quite easy to see once I get the wheel off?

THAT'S ALWAYS A GOOD START.;) Seriously get a hold of "hefty" friend to assist. Get them to rock the car on its suspension while you try to locate the source of the noise. It should be standing on ALL 4 WHEELS FOR THIS. If you can------ safely get a hold of the various suspension/steering elements or get a visual on them while you do this--- be very careful not to place your hand where it could be crushed or nipped by the movement of the suspension or use a length of wood as a sounding bar to transmit noise to your ear. You probably need to be lying on the ground close to the car- access may be easier with the steering on full lock BRAKES ON!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom