What car to restore?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Over at the Autocar forum, there's an interesting thread, started by the only Autocar journo worth reading, James Rupert, about what car you would restore, if you could do anything..

My answer was a late 60s Camaro SS...what car(s) would you guys ideally restore, if time, skill and money allowed?

Jensen Interceptor MkIII

I add a caveat though, I'm not into OCD replicate everything as it left the factory or better. I subscribe to the modern engineering/period look school of restoration, so i would update (better) what I could without spoiling the original ethos of the car.

Last edited:
I'll have to have a think overnight about this one lol

it would have to be a MK2 Jaguar . I always loved the red one from "Inspector Morse" .

Mercedes SSK - Most that have survived are pretty mint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1914_Stutz_Bearcat-july12a.jpg

Some variety of E type Jag, methinks.

However, I'm with Mudster on the re-engineering front as it would have reliable electrics, brakes that work etc.

Cheers,

Gaz

Well I just wouldn't! I'm probably old enough to be nostalgic about these things, but all the 'classic' cars I have driven have always been massive dissapointments.:(
My father collected a fair few vintage cars and I have had access to some very expensive Bentleys and Jaguars and despite the lovely looks I would never be happy with the way they drive!
To me, it is function and not form that floats my boat, and the best that can be said of old cars is that they are 'of period' ;):devil:

Triumph Herald 13/60 Estate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom