What cell rating are my AMG cats?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scorcher

Car
2004 E55 AMG
Wondering if it's worth uprating them to 100 cell race cats - will be worth it if they are 200 cell or more, but nobody seems to know!

Surely somebody here will? :)

Wondering if it's worth uprating them to 100 cell race cats - will be worth it if they are 200 cell or more, but nobody seems to know!

Surely somebody here will? :)

Not sure, but i believe they are more than 200 cell as the Kleemann header and cat that came with it i think was 100 as such, i also removed the OEM centre cat on my C200K. Will defo make your car louder if that's what you are looking for.

I was waiting for someonme to reply with a factual answer before commenting, but I doubt the original AMG cat is less than 200cpi although it may be as low as that.

So what is your exhaust setup - Kleeman manifolds and the rest stock AMG? I don't know but I would aniticipate you have pre-cats in your down pipes before the actual main cats. These are not really required (for cold start emissions and the MOT doesn't test this).

To answer the cpsi rating question, perhaps an email to AMG might find it's way to a technical department to answer this?

Exhaust guy guessed they were at least 200 cel, so going to go with 100 cel sport cats.

My current exhaust system is Kleeman headers, Kleeman downpipes replacing the front cats, Evosport resonator delete pipe then standard AMG for the rest.

Exhaust guy guessed they were at least 200 cel, so going to go with 100 cel sport cats.

My current exhaust system is Kleeman headers, Kleeman downpipes replacing the front cats, Evosport resonator delete pipe then standard AMG for the rest.

Thats the one the Kleemann downpipe is sports cat 100 cell, which also replaced my OEM front cat the Lamdas will plug straight into the Kleemann. I also removed the OEM centre cat. The sound from your V8 with the Kleemann headers and downpipes will be awesome but loud.

I've already got the headers & downpipes, and it's not loud enough - from the inside anyway! The E has soooo much soundproofing :rolleyes:

Couldn't stretch to the Kleemann exhaust - £3.7k with a discount :eek:

I've already got the headers & downpipes, and it's not loud enough - from the inside anyway! The E has soooo much soundproofing :rolleyes:

Couldn't stretch to the Kleemann exhaust - £3.7k with a discount :eek:

From your last video sounded great to me. If you have removed all the OEM cats it should sound fine. Mine also sounds different inside the car, but outside is a different story. Get someone to rev the car for you so you can listen to it outside, or test drive with all 4 windows down. Even though my C200K is only 4 cylinder with Kleemann header and cat it has the complete C55 quad exhaust system minus the cats it is fairly loud so a V8 should sound awesome.

As to the Kleemann dual exhaust i would save my money the C55/E55 quad system minus the cats is far superior IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom