what clever German...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
... decided to put a captive nut on the lower suspension arm on a W124 for the ARB bush. Thanks, it sheered and i had to angle gride the side off the welded tiny 'box' secion to get it out and put a new nut in it.

surely there is a better way to hold it on to the arm than that....

"Well that's that well and truly Gunthered."

that wasnt what I said when it sheered though.

The forum doesnt have enough asterisks available for what i said. there was a cloud of blue around the front of my car when this happened.

luckily the repair i've made appears OK, although changing the ARB bushes will have to wait for when i've got more time as i suspect the other bolts may be the same (although apart from the other side's captive, they are all just standard nuts and bolts which can be replaced.

"Well that's that well and truly Gunthered."

that wasnt what I said when it sheered though.

The forum doesnt have enough asterisks available for what i said. there was a cloud of blue around the front of my car when this happened.

luckily the repair i've made appears OK, although changing the ARB bushes will have to wait for when i've got more time as i suspect the other bolts may be the same (although apart from the other side's captive, they are all just standard nuts and bolts which can be replaced.

Gunther Fuch perhaps?

Lessons in foul language.
I'm afraid my neighbours got used to it long ago !!

... decided to put a captive nut on the lower suspension arm on a W124 for the ARB bush. Thanks, it sheered and i had to angle gride the side off the welded tiny 'box' secion to get it out and put a new nut in it.

surely there is a better way to hold it on to the arm than that....

On mine it is captive bolts, and you just buy new nut and washer to
go onto that captive bolt.

Then when you tighten up the nut, it is a MAX torque of ONLY 20 Nm.

The ARB has to be able to move easily within it's rubber bushes.

On mine it is captive bolts, and you just buy new nut and washer to
go onto that captive bolt.

same on mine but the thread sheered leaving nothing for the nut and washer to fit to

Then it was the last Monkey in there!

I thought it was Heinrich Focke...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom