What colour calipers for a white Eclass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Flash callipers would look out of place on small disks.

Gold or bronze gets my Vote.

Doesn't matter what colour your car or wheels are. It will work with everything
Gold on cars reminds me of Subarus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you did them in gloss black, unless you have 4 pots.

Are brake calipers a new status symbol?
I think with modern wheel designs they are a lot more visible so I guess naturally they get more attention. When you look at older race cars or performance cars you often can’t see the disc or callipers at all!

Or for that matter any colour you like , but only a big smooth finish AMG / Brembo type caliper .

IMG_6583.JPG

This would not look good in red .
3A2F8FE7-A8E4-46A3-9F6F-A8D1B70D6BD6.jpeg

The monstrosity is best painted black or graphite grey as suggested above . This hides the monstrosity and hides the brake dust .

This would not look good in red .
View attachment 105062

The monstrosity is best painted black or graphite grey as suggested above . This hides the monstrosity and hides the brake dust .
Are they your discs ? More rust there than on The Iron Bridge in Shropshire !

Never , another thing I've been doing, with Hammerite Smooth for 10+years .

View attachment 105065
I use Hammerite smooth as well. works a treat and is really durable. Plus you get it done in one thickish coat. I did try some proper calliper paint but it was so thin it would have taken a million coats which is just more faff And delay. Ive found you can also lacquer over any decals without issue if you let the hammerite cure for a week.

Yes I've heard clear Halfords enamel is good for last coats or sealing decals .

I've used it to seal wheel badges .

Yes I've heard clear Halfords enamel is good for last coats or sealing decals .

I've used it to seal wheel badges .
I’ve found the Simoniz one from Halfords seems a bit better than the Halfords own. Seems to cure a bit harder and dries quicker. I tend to spray whatever I’m spraying then get the hairdryer on it immediately to prevent runs. I’ve found with the lacquer you have to lay it on quite thick to get the gloss, otherwise you end up spending ages polishing it when it’s cured.

Might I suggest that yellow works best when the callipers are BIG & the car itself is yellow, or maybe there are other yellow cues such as wheel centre badges or even seat belts!
For a nano-second yellow tempted me for my ex black pseudo AMG (250 Blue Efficiency) SLK but decided the colour would just highlight the tiddly little rear callipers. But... I did go for red as a natural visual link to the red/black interior. As always I did not forget to paint the hubs silver thus removing all evidence of shabby looking metal seen through the wheels.
As for my newly acquired silver SLC it's red again (interior has red highlights seat stitching etc) & hubs silver.
This time I remembered a photo folks!!!! ;)
P1130545.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom