What Colour for the widebody?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
and red socks...

Actually , Designo Mystic Red would be nice ...

I saw a CLS 63 at MBWorld in that colour , and it was just stunning ...

It's like a deep reddy purple black ....

and red socks...

You've obviously met the man :D.

Designo let you choose any colour anyway - so in all honesty I'd spend some time really thinking about it and go with your heart.

Bear in mind most paints are shared anyway - so an MB colour is no doubt a 'Ford' paint and vice versa.

040 black is classy, timeless, popular & was of the period. Monochrome, usually white, was tres snob back in the day when these cars prowled the earth as state of the art machines.

Any non MB colour may hurt the value upon resale.

never going to sell so doesnt matter...

Just found (and thoroughly enjoyed reading) Jaymanek's post. This car is going to look awesome. I'd vote to leave it metallic black (obsidian).
Maybe someone clever on this forum can set up "voting buttons" - just for a bit of fun !!!
Doug

Last edited:
Thanks Doug... i havent completely ruled out obsidian as it is a nice colour... only thing is that its so common...

Almadine Black.

I know Navs has done it already , but what about Designo Mocha Black ?

Failing that , a pal used to have a CL600 in what i can only describe as an Aubergine Black , it looked stunning but i have no idea what its name was ... :(

Almadine Howard, one of my favourite colours. That is what i would like the CL55 in when i get one, but very rare.

Almandine is nice but im really looking for a blue tint on the black as opposed to red/maroon...

Maybe not white:

00000jo1.jpg

Agree Almandine is very nice:

Merc380sec.jpg

DTM?

mercedes-benz_500_sec_amg_1989_01_s.jpg

Personally I like the idea of Designo Mystic Blue.

The red maroon / on the CLS 63 that i saw worked well ...

The curves of the body just stood out in Designo Mystic Red .... it would work well with the widebody kit i think.

This is close to the colour we were considering..

BCDiabloRearDrQrtr.jpg

That is close to, but a bit lighter than my neighbours Lexus SC430, it looks black in most lights. I think there is a blue version as well.

The only problem with House of Kolor is that their projects are all a bit predictable and 'Max Power'.

The colours are cool but i am looking for BLACK with a hint of BLUE...

Cheers

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom