What Colour for the widebody?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The red looks nice IMO you should paint it red just like in the pic above posted by A210 AMG

or Azurite Blue if you like paint that reacts with the sun.

Kully

As mentioned before paint codes / colours are shared. Nothing is really that bespoke as the big companies such as ICI create the paint and manufacturers just choose it and give it their own code.

If it has to be an MB colour then as close to Gunmetal Grey would be my choice. Any shade of black just isn't going to be special - Google SEC images and all you get is lowered black SECs - hardly original.

Nice

tenorite grey is a nice dark colour, could mix in a bit more pearl for the colour change affect.

I love what you are doing and approve of using the original steel panels. to get the look you want

I know someone who can brush a car pretty neatly, he used to hand paint railway locos and they weren't allowed brush marks.

I saw a demonstration of pin striping and artwork on a Ford Pop at the Ford Fair a few years ago, watching the work and seeing it perfectly symetrical was amazing, a real talent!!!!

Dave!

As mentioned before paint codes / colours are shared. Nothing is really that bespoke as the big companies such as ICI create the paint and manufacturers just choose it and give it their own code.

True when you are talking manufacturers, but when talking custom houses like Gemballa, they'd get their own paint made and ensure that code is only available to themselves.

Otherwise the 'custom' ain't so custom any more !

talbir

I love what you are doing and approve of using the original steel panels. to get the look you want

Not all the panelling is steel on the AMG Widebody...fronts are fibreglass and hence the paint will suffer over time, as it always does on fibreglass bodywork. Hence the paint chosen needs to be something that is readily availble when required.

As an aside, the one and only complete steel widebody kit for w126 SEC's was made by....yep, Gemballa ! And the reason they did this was to avoid the issues that arise with fibreglass panelling. Probably because their paint would not be availble anywhere ! :D

talbir

The colours are cool but i am looking for BLACK with a hint of BLUE...

Cheers

Jay

It keeps on coming up, but IMHO it's got to be '199' Blue-black metallic! :eek:

Bear in mind that there's at least 6 different shades AFAIK. Some have less off a blue tinge than others I think.

You really have to see a clean and well polished piece of this colour to appreciate the depth in the colour - the hints of blue that come out in the sun etc.

190E25-16Auto1.jpg

230kside.jpg

Doesn't come out that great in photos, but you get the idea.

It's a period colour, proper MB and it's black with a hint of blue...

I can't see it being any better/worse than any other 'off-black' colour if you don't want to paint the engine bay etc? :)

I don't think it's worth taking a chance with a non-MB colour either on such a big project either.

Will

Why is that? Surely there are other drivers on our roads too......

Does he mean the paint will never be matched?

Or

He will never be hit by another car or indeed hit something himself?

Either way sounds stupid if you cannot match the paint? any damage will look daft with slightly different colours.

Unique as long as you don't need a repair?? and you think thats a good thing?

Does he mean the paint will never be matched?

Or

He will never be hit by another car or indeed hit something himself?

Either way sounds stupid if you cannot match the paint? any damage will look daft with slightly different colours.

Unique as long as you don't need a repair?? and you think thats a good thing?

I think maybe this car will not be driven and so will not be hit by anyone else, but I agree with you, a driver can still damage the car himself and hence still need a paint repair. I don't see the point of buying a car simply to let it sit so it can be looked at...

Yes the aim is to have a colour that is readily mixed if needed. I want a colour with a proper paint code...

Blue Black is a nice colour but for some reason just doesnt have the X factor im looking for.

I think im going to go down to the local paint suppler and look through samples.

Possibly a straight black with blue metallic chips would give you what you want.
You can buy bags of metllic particles to mix into your own standard paint or lacquer.
I agree about the Mercedes Blue/black, not enough depth of colour or shine.

Yes they do it on pimp my ride a lot.. but then how can you possibly match it when it comes to a later repair..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom