What Colour for the widebody?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ha ha.
Always on the defencive/offencive talbir.

I didn't think they would be cowboys, it was you said they had no paint code...;)

Dieselman, assuming too much as always....:) ...where did i say Gemballa had no paint code...i said they probably do, no-one else would have that code. It's what's called bespoke paint.

Anyway, if they don't have a code, it's my problem. Back to Jay's blue and black show ;)

talbir

Dieselman, assuming too much as always....:) ...where did i say Gemballa had no paint code...i said they probably do, no-one else would have that code. It's what's called bespoke paint.

Anyway, if they don't have a code, it's my problem. Back to Jay's blue and black show ;)

Ha ha, again talbir, you're on the funnies roll today.

To my comment
As in not used by Mercedes. There is no such thing as a bespoke paint colour, it will have a code.
You said
Gemballas were definitely bespoke, unless you can prove otherwise ?

Either you are confusing the idea of a paint being bespoke as in not used by a manufacturer or you meant it didn't have a code.
If you meant it has a code and was simply not a manufacturers colour option, why bother passing comment about having to prove it did.
Once the paint is made it has a code, it was probably made to a manufacturers code, otherwise it could be very difficult to make the customers choice.

And as usual you argue your point and try to dominate people until there is nowhere to go with it and you're in a corner, then say...back on topic...

You have an intersting way of spreading information and helping people, which as you may notice I've been doing instead of harping on about how great it is that styling companies having bespoke paint jobs in colours Jay isn't interested in.

As an aside, how do you know for sure that the Gemballa you are buying hasn't had any paintwork, even stone chips touched in.?

Guys ..... come on .... :crazy:

You could always email Ewe Gemballa and ask about paint codes and what they did with them , if you are that bothered about it ....

I think Vlad has his email address , you could ask ....

re-read what was written....what was said was 'what happens if someone kisses your boot'.

The comment already refers to 'other drivers '. ;)

T

Talbir, seeing that I am so non-understanding maybe you can explain to me what is meant by the phrase 'kissing your boot'. You also fail to pay attention to the fact that I discussed with another member the fact that you are still liable to damage your precious Gemballa even when moving the vehicle around. The comment made was to do with your paintcode and matching it if your car did get damaged. Also I made a point in my opinion, which, seeing as the forum is a place to voice opinions even if that may not agree with you, I am allowed to do.

Diesleman.....my first contribution to this thread was a picture of a blue black w126 ? That's the kind of colour Jay alluded too so i did that. Not sure what you mean by colours Jay isn't interested in. Jay said Black with a bit of blue...

Bespoke for me means something that is created by the tuner and remains unique to them, i.e. is not for sharing with any other tuner or manufacturer.

talbir

Bespoke is employed in a variety of applications to mean an item custom-made to the buyer's specification.

anyway, i think so far its down to the more modern blacks..

The chromite looks good in pics... but the maybach caspian seems a good choice too...

ill get some made up and post the results when i do...

In the meantime any other suggestions welcome..

Jay - cannot recall the detail, are you keeping the chrome as-is or de-chroming ?

The gille insert section would look color-coded to the color you choose.

cheers
T

I am coding the bottom half... i.e all bumpers and mouldings.. the grill and top chrome trims I am leaving...

I wanted a balance but an all black car would look too much..

For such a unique vehicle, a unique finish is called for IMHO. There is a US company Alsacorp which produces wierd and unique paints including metallics and paints which change colour. However, I'd suggest consulting some professional auto paint people who would be able to explain the possibilities. I imagine a car that was largely black at night and then subtly changed colour in daylight or when the temperature increased would look pretty cool - and allow you the luxury of 2 colours under different circumstances.
My 2p as usual.
Les

The widebody kit is in itself quite daring, theres a fine line between between a nice custom build something over the top.

Be careful with the colour, on this car, less is more, mainly as the shape already has so much detail in it to start with.

Jay, you can order any paint in spray can or touch up pencil for a test.

Spray can no is A0009863050 then the 4 digit colour code
Touch up pencil is A0009862350 then the 4 digit colour code

Blue start with 5, black with 0.

Last edited:
If you want the X factor, Jay.....why not go for some veriation of candy apple blue, with all the interior done in white, with blue piping...... & all in keeping with the cars (& the kit, for that matter) 80's heritage!!

Jay, you can order any paint in spray can or touch up pencil for a test.

Good idea - I'm not sure how expensive this will be, but I think it would be a good idea to spray the colour on a fairly large chunk of metal to get a good idea of what it looks like. Remember that unless your PC screen is calibrated, there can be a significant difference between an on-screen colour and the same colour on a car. :)

Cant find the code for that majestic but also looks good... Ill order the spray cans tomorrow.. they come in at around £10 each..

MB cans are small and come with lacquer, you could try Halfords cans.
I along with other members have been impressed with their colour matching. Their 744 was more accurate than MB cans.

Just phoned them, apparently they can do it today whil i wait... anyone have a code for this majestic black?

Found a list of codes which shows it to be 112.

Might be worth cross referencing a few to be sure it's correct.

025 Designo Black Met
029 Designo Silver Met
031 Chromaflair Met
032 Mystic Blue Prl
033 Mocha Black Met
034 Varicolor lii Met
037 Mystic Red Met
038 Mystic White Prl
039 Mauritius Blue Met
040 Black
041 Designo Graphite Met
041 Graphite Green Met
042 Designo Bronze Met
042 Havanna Met
043 Designo Chablis Met
112 Majestic Black Met
153 Snow White
182 Almandine Black Met
185 Jade Black Met
189 Black Opal Met
197 Obsidian Black Met
345 Orion Blue Met
347 Horizon Blue Met
349 Alpine Rain Met
353 Platinum Blue Met
357 Cadet Blue Met
359 Capri Blue Met
368 Flint Gray Met
375 Atoll Blue Met
391 Horizon Blue Met
474 Verde Brook Met
487 Paprika Met
541 Storm Red Met
544 Barolo Red Met
548 Firemist Met
567 Bordeaux Red Met
589 Jupiter Red
590 Mars Red
597 Saturn Red Met
693 Desert Silver Met
696 Night Black
723 Pewter Met
744 Brilliant Silver Met
747 Granite Gray Met
748 Comet Gray Met
755 Steel Gray Met
761 Polar Silver Met
762 Diamond Silver Met
768 Diamond Black Met
775 Iridium Silver Met
791 Dune Beige Met
816 Everest Green Met
904 Midnight Blue
946 Aegean Blue Met
950 Caspian Blue Met
960 Alabaster White
963 Iridium Gray Met
977 Laurit Silver Met

EDIT:

Just put 112 into MB EPC and it comes up with Chromite Black metallic, so I think we have the answer.

Also just checked 904 which comes back as 904u..Midnight Blue and 9040 Deep Black.

Last edited:
112U is chromite!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom