What Colour for the widebody?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is just the US designation for the same colour, they don't get Chromite Black.. The poor sops think they are getting a bespoke colour....special order and low availability as well..:D

Last edited:
well i went down to helfrauds with 4 paint codes.

All listed on their system but they could only make one of them as they didnt have the mixing info for the others..

So i got only Diamond Black from there... The one i least needed as i recently sold a W203 in the colour so vaguely remember it..

Ill order the others from MB tomorrow.

For info... a spray can of paint from them costs £10.99.. not bad considering its twice the size of a mercedes can..

You should have got them on PCP and hand them back in after you're done with them... :D

Yup, halfords mixed up Emerald Black for me, and it was pretty darn spot on!

i went to a local dealer today and they had some of the colours up on the wall..

My favourites are

Chromite 112
Cosmos Black 191
Colombite Black 170

Colombite is black with a maroon tinge.. it looks stunning in the light... Cosmos is great too, good depth with slight blue sparkles...

Again, ive ordered cans in these colours which will arrive wednesday... its going to be a tough choice.

Obsidian is definately out.. every car in there was either obsidian or silver..

off the desired choice, but I reckon it would look stunning in something gun-metal-like. Tektite? Or there is a bentley grey which looks wow too.

Actually, with a black interior Palladium Silver (which is really more grey than silver) would look fantastic and be a modern take on a classic car.

Colombite would look stunning on the car, especially when its sunny and it picks up the purple.

Colombite would look stunning on the car, especially when its sunny and it picks up the purple.

Agree

This colour is fab - trouble is, its difficult to tell how any colour will look on the car - IMHO a fairly bland/basic coulour can be transformed with highlights/chrome/fittings etc., and conversly a noisy/agressive colour can be turned down somewhat (although i think this would be more difficult)

ANY pigment usually appears much stronger on large surface areas -think the trick is to get just right? - subtle and just enough to catch the eye, keep your attention, then makes you want to have a closer look.
Jay i think i you can manage this you've cracked it!

Watching from the wings - excellent upgrade/posts
Best Regards R - more piccies pls:)

Seal grey from the 996 turbos would look good but my recommendation is an anthracite colour that was used on the 1992-1994 Subaru SVX (I had the colour) - looks almost black but in light, it is a very dark grey.

Quite menacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom