What Colour for the widebody?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
As an aside to:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=60611

Im going to be asked to choose a colour soon.

I have come to the decision that flat black 040 is too boring for this extravagent car and I want a twinkle to it.

As i see the common Mercedes Blacks all day long, im bored of the Obsidians and Diamonds..

I was almost convinced to go for a Jaguar colour called Cherry Black Metallic... A Metallic Black with a dark red tint to it.

Im looking for something similar but with a blue tint to it... something that will really look the business in the sunlight and help show off those wide flares...

I cant immediately think of any Mercedes colours that fit the bill..

Any ideas welcome...

How about blue black a la most 190 Cosworths?

nah, never liked it... also it would mean having to do the engine bay as its quite a different colour... with a full on met black I can get away by leaving the engine bay as it is.

I'm not up on MB colours but just wanted to voice my thoughts..

Surely for such a unique Merc you must keep it covered with a Mercedes colour?

Sounds like you don't like the obvious choice: 199 blue-black metallic?

I like bornite (especially on CE coupes), but I don't know what it'd look like on something bigger...

Yes im trying to stick to MB, but if I cant find the right colour then ill open up the spectrum.

This is close to the colour we were considering..

BCDiabloRearDrQrtr.jpg

I was almost convinced to go for a Jaguar colour called Cherry Black Metallic... A Metallic Black with a dark red tint to it.

Mercedes has 512U Almandine Black, which has a dark reddish tint to it.

Im looking for something similar but with a blue tint to it... something that will really look the business in the sunlight and help show off those wide flares...

366U is Azurite Blue, which is a very dark grayish blue which you might like.

You say about keeping it to MB colours, but do will you want a period colour?
If not, what about a modern designo colour - I'm sure they do a deep red/black colour.
I've really grown to like my Emerald Green Metallic - depending on light, it looks blue, green and black. I think the code is 188 :)

Darren

Jay

have it painted the colour you want - ignore whether its a Merc colour or not.

my 2p,

matt

I know Navs has done it already , but what about Designo Mocha Black ?

Failing that , a pal used to have a CL600 in what i can only describe as an Aubergine Black , it looked stunning but i have no idea what its name was ... :(

You're going to all of this trouble so why not paint the engine bay and pick any colour you want? To see yet another black SEC will just be a bit boring :eek: .

I'm just waiting for someone to suggest white ...

:D

How about white??

Oh! Sorry you said someone, I'm no one :)

guido, almandine is close to the cherry red, but ideally im looking for a blue tint...

Dont like azurite, i see too many.

I looked at the designo range available now and nothing jumps out...

I might go and have a look at the colour charts at a local dealer..

Mocha Black is nice but like I say id prefer to have a blue tint..

You could get a white suit as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom