What colour would you choose for your next car

What colour would you choose for your next car

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
Given the reaction to this thread I feel a fact finding gathering mission is in order to what makes members tick paint wise for their cars.

Vote please

Last edited:
I've had Black the last 2 cars and won't change it for the world.

It might look a bit grim pretty quickly this time of the year, but after a good clean.....awesome.

I am unable to vote since I have to follow these parameters:

1. Whatever I can get the best price deal on from the garage.

2. The instructions from Rosemaryfromstaffs which were:

Not silver again
Not black, always looks dirty
Not white too naff

Doesn't leave much these days, I sigh for my Daytona Yellow Mk 1 Capri with a black Vinyl roof.

By the way, my Bentley was originally Special Docker's Tan Ref 4820, resprayed Mason's Black in 1954, and Sand over Sable, which it remains, in 1958 with beige interior since new, and woollen headlining.

Dark Grey (eg Palladium silver or Indium Silver)

...I assume that should be Indium Grey, with Iridium Silver covered under "Silver".

Thank you Mercedes for forcing me to consider fifty shades of silvery-grey. And using names that look identical without reading glasses.

I found myself in MB Brentford at the weekend fiddling with the colour swatches in an attempt to establish which of the various dark greys was the darkest/purest. What with EL James living just down the road from the showroom, I'm sure this must be where she came for inspiration.

50shades_zps863a1414.jpg

I compared Tenorite, designo Graphite, Flint, Alabandite and Stannite. Of these, the SLK is only available in Tenorite and Graphite, and judging by the swatches, Graphite looks much better than Tenorite (which has a bluish tinge to it).

tengraph_zps2cd7d57a.jpg

So now I need to find an real-life SLK in Graphite to see whether it really appeals. Sometimes I wish cars only came in one colour! :wallbash:

I voted electric blue. But would cut out the waiting and go rusty brown colour.

Many moons ago I had a Ford which was Graphite Grey metallic and it looked stunning, everyone commented on it

SLK do also offer:

Fire Opal
Cavansite Blue
designo Zircon Red (£4850!)

but granted, lots of Silver and grey options

SLK do also offer:

Fire Opal
Cavansite Blue
designo Zircon Red (£4850!)

but granted, lots of Silver and grey options

Cavansite Blue is top right in the colour chart I posted (890). Kinda looks like another bluish grey...

And Fire Opal is a solid colour, so I'd expect a refund if specifying it for an SLK55, where metallic comes as standard. As for Zircon... :crazy:

MOCAŠ said:
I found myself in MB Brentford at the weekend fiddling with the colour swatches in an attempt to establish which of the various dark greys was the darkest/purest. What with EL James living just down the road from the showroom, I'm sure this must be where she came for inspiration.

I compared Tenorite, designo Graphite, Flint, Alabandite and Stannite. Of these, the SLK is only available in Tenorite and Graphite, and judging by the swatches, Graphite looks much better than Tenorite (which has a bluish tinge to it).

So now I need to find an real-life SLK in Graphite to see whether it really appeals. Sometimes I wish cars only came in one colour! :wallbash:

I'm sure there are a couple of designo graphite AMGs at Mercedes World.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom