What colour would you choose for your next car

What colour would you choose for your next car

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
MOCAŠ said:
Well, someone did (admittedly not quite the shade you had in mind...)

Yes, that's exactly what it looks like. :rolleyes:

That yellow CLS is amazing, I want 2.

Back in the day I remember a primary school friends dad having a bright yellow VW Corrado - they werent a rare sighting actually. somehow that was socially acceptable. The CLS is so much more good looking, yellow is the only colour that makes any sense for it in my view.

Incidentally I have just searched auto trader mobile for all yellow MBs of all types/years. The only model available for sale is the R170 SLK, about 10 of them.

Clearly my fondness for yellow is not a widely held view in the MB world.

Yellow tends to suit small sporty cars, or super cars. Ie Ferraris, Porches, Fiats, Alfa Romeos.

Yellows not the colour for big executive saloons or coupes which is the MB arena

Clearly the UK MB market agrees with you ***.

Personally I would like to think if I was in the market for a new car and found one that I thought would look good in custard yellow I would go ahead and order it!

I don't think residuals would be a worry as if there are only a handful (or 1 even!) of a car in a particular colour there are always going to be people out there prepared to pay a premium when it come to used, where the buyer is often going to be younger too. I would happily have paid a few grand extra if there was a custard yellow W219 when I was looking, for example!

I noticed this on the very few used bright red W219s out there in the UK - they were priced higher than more run of the mill colours and sold pretty much instantly. I didn't think it suited the car very well but a few people must have! None for sale at the moment it seems.

Last edited:
Nice. I've got a lovely giallo model X1/9 somewhere. Will see if I can dig out a shot later.

Memory playing tricks on me again - it was a Stratos! (The X1/9, which lives in the same cabinet, is red.)

stratos_zps2fa7a3bd.jpg

Why do MB choose such silly names for the colours. Having seen tonight's Top Gear, they could go the whole way and change Pearl Beige to Hearing Aid Beige and add it to "Caravan Site" blue. Many years ago I had a Ford which was a similar colour to Pearl Beige, but Ford called it Champagne Gold, which must say something. My theory is that all the colours are named in Germany, and the names used in UK are just a straight translation from German into English.

Why do MB choose such silly names for the colours. Having seen tonight's Top Gear, they could go the whole way and change Pearl Beige to Hearing Aid Beige and add it to "Caravan Site" blue. .

...yes, and I think Coprolite Brown would be much more apt than Cuprite Brown (which I do actually quite like).

I would say it would depend on the car... a red Ferrari looks good whereas a red RR Ghost not so good, but for now I'm happy with my silver CLK... lovely!!

I would say it would depend on the car... a red Ferrari looks good whereas a red RR Ghost not so good
Absolutely.

I chose black for my current C350 because I hadn't had a black car for over 40 years and Mrs KE had been commenting how good black looked on MB saloons. But always wanting to be slightly different, I did stray to Magnetite Black instead of the long available Obsidian. It's quite a subtle difference (as with many MB colours) that only looks its best in direct sunshine.

I checked grey in the survey because I've always thought that a metallic grey looks sophisticated on large cars. But by the time I get round to changing my transport will probably be a dark mahogany colour with brass handles, and a single fully reclining seat.

Agree... and as long as you keep them clean, all good. My previous car, a BMW 530 black sapphire would look great as long as it was clean and shiny; previosly another BMW (520 this time) was white and again, great when clean and my first car was a Chevrolet Caprice Classic 1979 (yea, same as the taxis in NY) which came in two colours - methalic Black on handles up and silver on handles down - a great combination when the cars used to come in two colours!!. And in between I had a Buick Century (dark blue) which was Ok, but not my cup of tea colour; and a few others

Any colour combo as long as it's iridium silver/black leather:cool:

Any colour leather interior as long as it's not black :p ... or blue ... or green

Rather than what colour would you choose, this poll has highlighted which colours to avoid if you want a quick & profitable resale. I cannot say I disagree either, the bottom 3 colours are ones I would never pick for a car.

Russ

Whites not done well, but you see a lot of white cars now.

Seems, silver, black, grey (basically none colours) are most popular followed by a dark blue. All classy big car colours.

Whites not done well, but you see a lot of white cars now.

Not as many as you think, all the car shows & glossy adverts use white, but stand in a large car park when it's full and you'll find they are still very much a minority.

Russ

Red, always red if I can get it.......love BMW Monza red!!!!!

RR

Just thinking.......C63AMG in Fire Opal Red yummy............

RR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom