What coolant for W205 petrol?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iliria

Car
W205 C200 Sport petrol (67)
I had a warning come up asking me to top up coolant and a few days later the air conditioning has stopped working. I assume this is a sort of automatic switch off as protection?

What type of coolant should I use please?

iliria said:
I had a warning come up asking me to top up coolant and a few days later the air conditioning has stopped working. I assume this is a sort of automatic switch off as protection? What type of coolant should I use please?

I would be extremely worried on a car so New that the coolant needs topping up, should be maintained free for 10 years. Worth a trip to Merc if it's still under warranty. If you have mobilolife call them out as a top-up will be for free and they can inspect it.

I was rather surprised myself to be honest but put it down to the fact that my aircon has been constantly on since September 2016 (at 21-23 Celsius).

The car is only a 15 numberplate so it's still under warranty.

I'm not sure what mobilolife is but I know I do have Mercedes Me. They have come out in the past when I had a squeeking in one of my wheels. Is that the same service to what you refer to?

Air con use should not effect car coolant level at all, these are two separate systems. Yup mobile me mobilolife us your breakdown cover. As it's free I would 100% call them out and get them to check it over before you drive it. They will then be able to provide any top-up needed FOC!

It may also indicate a faulty sensor, but presumably you have checked the level?

Can I ask, where is the container located? Is it anywhere near the front passenger side wing?

Decided to turn the aircon on today when I got in the car and it is working absolutely fine. No warning messages coming up either. This is very strange.

Get it to the dealer to check it out. It's under warranty, let them sort it out

I was rather surprised myself to be honest but put it down to the fact that my aircon has been constantly on since September 2016 (at 21-23 Celsius).

The car is only a 15 numberplate so it's still under warranty.

I'm not sure what mobilolife is but I know I do have Mercedes Me. They have come out in the past when I had a squeeking in one of my wheels. Is that the same service to what you refer to?

The aircon is always on in my cars - I never switch it off (usually set to 21 degC) - so I'd be very surprised if that had anything to do with the problem.

Get it to the dealer to check it out. It's under warranty, let them sort it out

Yup, will get it booked in tomorrow for them to check. Cheers guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom