What criteria must I fulfil in order to advertise as a trader on this forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NW_Merc

Banned
Car
1994 Mercedes C180 classic
Hi all,

Just wondering what I need to do in order to be considered eligible to put an advert in the trader's section for a new business?

Cheers

:)

bungST180906_228x155.jpg

That'll do the job....;)

So that means I need to pay for an advert on here?

Yes. All proceeds go to the admins' Nigerian account....:D

Seriously though - don't think so - I suggest you just PM an admin and ask.

The admin are funny people here so i wouldnt bother unless if you wanna get banned lol¬!

Last time i Asked they wanted £1200 per year to advertise on here!

From what i remember when i once asked, they said i must offer mercedes related products and offer a discount to members..

i would offer free shipping and discounts on certain ranges of my home decor products, but i am not a mechanic nor car related business..

I feel this hinders the community feel.

sure some people abuse the position, but i would suggest if ADMIN ARE LISTENING..
for members with 100 or perhaps 500 posts as a minimum, should be granted access to list their domains to sell products and offer some incentive (free shipping or discounts or some sort of upgrade to standard offerings)

by having a minmum of say 100 posts, would show they are not spammers and also they can contribute to the community feel.

We are a community, and we should be able to discuss, relate, offer for sale and to buy all products to do NOT JUST with mercedes, but products to better their wellbeing (apart from adult material ofcourse)

We are a community, and we should be able to discuss, relate, offer for sale and to buy all products to do NOT JUST with mercedes, but products to better their wellbeing (apart from adult material ofcourse)

I agree, myself and my wife have started a photography business and the hardest thing with any fledgeling venture is publicity. I was hoping that interested members would take a look and maybe look at available packages. But seeing as I cannot advertise it would not be right to even give a link to our website.

We are a community, and we should be able to discuss, relate, offer for sale and to buy all products to do NOT JUST with mercedes, but products to better their wellbeing

I agree, myself and my wife have started a photography business and the hardest thing with any fledgeling venture is publicity. I was hoping that interested members would take a look and maybe look at available packages. But seeing as I cannot advertise it would not be right to even give a link to our website.

Transparency might have ensured that threads like this do not exist.

Rather than have The Boss explain his understanding of the policy, a simple sticky on the "Members Offers by Traders" would make the situation clear cut and threads like this would not exist.

It does the Mods no favours, and yet it is they who keep this place running and we should all be grateful.

Most of the longer term members on here know what the others do.

It can also back fire. Nick at Euromerc is a good example. I've never bought or even attempted to buy of Euromerc so have no personal experience whatsoever.

However I imagine the number of "I haven't got my parts" and " I can't contact them" posts have been damaging. The facts surrounding these issues are less relevant it's the public posting of problems that is more damaging.

I've posted openly about what I do and offered free advice on a very well known forum - most people were grateful and accepted the advice for what it was, free and without obligation, but a couple of malicious posters go out of their way to mess everything up and all they manage to do is spoil it all for the other members.

Ultimately I say it's of little value unless your business is very closely related to the forum subject.

This is a Mercedes forum. The only advertisements allowed (by prior agreement only) are those that are pertinant to the forum.

This is a Mercedes forum. The only advertisements allowed (by prior agreement only) are those that are pertinant to the forum.
Have to agree 100% . :thumb: Problem is- where would you stop?? :doh: Mercedes owners are rightly or wrongly regarded as a prosperous lot and the forum would soon be littered with business advertising with people joining simply to use the forum as access to a certain "demographic". :rolleyes: There is a rational to only allowing business advertising pertinent to Mercedes ownership since that's of direct benefit to forum members and the subject matter of the forum.;)

Ditto agree 100%. Also, the advertisers here add a huge amount of helpful content for which I am extremely grateful (and from all those who aren't who do too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom