What did Santa bring?...that's car related?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
OK, like the title says, what gifts did you get, that are car related?

I am guessing a bunch of car nuts like us, must have got at least one motoring related gift.

I got a Air Compressor (note not with a "K") for inflating my tyres.

I have been after one for ages as I hate going to the garage and finding it vandalised, broken, letting more air out than in, not switched on etc and by the time you find a working one, your tyres are all heated up and you don't know where you are.

The digital guage reads identical to my independant digitial guage also which is reassuring.

Tyres all at correct pressure now. Could tell I was behind in checking, 3 were 1 psi down and drivers rear was 22 psi instead of 33 ooh er.

So what did you get?

EDIT: Almost forgot - Halfords vouchers too! :bannana:

Last edited:
No car related pressies for me! :( but lots of other goodies!

Santa got me minority report dvd which was nice ....0

He knew i had an air compressor from halfords. :D

I got an 18" orbital polisher.

Dunno if its going to be any good. It seems to have a clutch so you can't apply too much pressure and burn your paintwork.

Anyone tried one of these? I am a little concerned by the thought of swirls.

Oh, almost forgot.... I also got perhaps the most useless thing I have ever seen. It's an electric ice scraper. It plugs into the cigar lighter socket and has a little heater element inside it. My mother (god bless) *really* thought it was a wonderful idea.:(

Originally posted by Sp!ke
My mother (god bless) *really* thought it was a wonderful idea.:(

That's the spirit of Christmas.

Nothing car related.

Got a bunch of socks and a whole pile of chocolate though! :D

Allison got a day at Brands Hatch to learn to drive the SL more demonically than she already does !

But I got a Tag watch to time her with !

Mark

Well chuffed :D

....but on the other hand, I DID buy something for myself!

I just picked up a new DV camcorder ;) (well no-one else was going to buy me it were they?)

Next stop, get a firewire card an learn some editing tricks - can anyone here recommend anything on that side its all pretty new to me? It has been suggested that I go and buy the pinnacle package of software and card for around £80. Anyone know whether I'd be better off getting something else without throwing huge sums of money around?

(next Christmas you would be most welcome to club together and buy me a Nikon Koolpix 5700) :cool:

perhaps the most useless thing I have ever seen. It's an electric ice scraper

I can confirm just how useless these things are as I got one of my mother last year, and in the spirit of xmas I actually tried to use it before "storing" it in the loft!!!

Got a bunch of socks

Not one pair of socks this year.....depressing!

The only car related thing I got was an :bannana: MB torch keyring :bannana: from my mum, which is now attached to my car keys!

That makes up for the lack of socks, and last years disaster!

Ive got one of those ice scrapers too a few years back , its still new in the box in the garage.....

On the topic of Video editing ... use kazaa and download adobe premier ... or go to pcworld and buy it .. depends if you got money to burn , its what i use with my DV cam

Not one pair of socks this year.....depressing!
Hmmm ;)

Could be 'cos all the bloody socks in Manchester turned up at my house.... :(
together with a shirt that's too small, :eek:
and one of those ties that's delivered with the words 'you haven't got one like that, have you?'

Errr, no, I haven't...:rolleyes:

Still, it was a great day, my brother's kids brought their new electric guitars...:crazy: :crazy:

Hope you all had a good one :D :D

On the topic of Video editing ... use kazaa and download adobe premier ... or go to pcworld and buy it .. depends if you got money to burn , its what i use with my DV cam

Thats just what I was thinking of.....£30 on a firewire card and some scratchin around for the software (Kazaalite now just starting) failing that, we happen to have had one of our FTP servers turned into a warez server a few months back and I did manage to get a tape backup before wiping it all;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom