What Disc's and Pads???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamDebs

Car
E320 CD1 Estate
Hello peeps. I'm in need of some direction. I have a 2007 E320 CDI estate S211? My brake wear indicator has come on. I've been on numerous sites to purchase pads and discs but I'm at a loss, mainly because I keep on getting " check fitment as they may fit your vehicle ". Surely if I enter my reg it will direct me to the correct parts. I queried this with one company and they sent me the links via email of the items that should fit. When I clicked on them they came back with " these don't fit your vehicle" Can anyone point me in the right direction. I plan on doing the job myself. Any tips most welcome. Much appreciated. James

Have you checked with your MB parts department? Prices on service item such as these tend to be quite competitive.
Plus you know you'll get the correct parts

The Parts catalogue gives these numbers for

Front Brake pads A 004 420 87 20
Rear Brake pads A 007 420 10 20

Front Brake discs A 211 421 09 12
Rear brake discs A 211 423 09 12

Use these numbers to cross check the Parts on other sites.

Also, give MB Grangemouth a call with your Vin# handy and they can supply the correct parts at a good price, next day delivery.

Hello peeps. I'm in need of some direction. I have a 2007 E320 CDI estate S211? My brake wear indicator has come on. I've been on numerous sites to purchase pads and discs but I'm at a loss, mainly because I keep on getting " check fitment as they may fit your vehicle ". Surely if I enter my reg it will direct me to the correct parts. I queried this with one company and they sent me the links via email of the items that should fit. When I clicked on them they came back with " these don't fit your vehicle" Can anyone point me in the right direction. I plan on doing the job myself. Any tips most welcome. Much appreciated. James
Registration numbers are not reliable search criteria.

The vehicles VIN is required as this links back to the production specification.

As said buy and fit MB discs and pads.
They will fit and they are very good quality.

I would suggest dropping an email with your VIN to Steve Jenkins at MB Edinburgh. He is a very helpful chap with competitive prices.
[email protected]

If there's any doubt whatsoever about which pads fit, I'd recommend MB dealer using the VIN, as others have said. I've just ordered some pads for one of mine and whilst various factor sites stated that the same pad fitted mine and the earlier cars, having contacted MB there were two different sets; ordered from MB. Exactly the same happened with another car as well only yesterday (not MB).

I've had numerous issues using the regn no. listings over the years and am now very wary of them, particularly if the age of the car is anywhere near specification or model changes.

I have just replaced the front brakes on the 166, got the parts from MB Edinburgh via eBay. The discs have a Brembo logo on as well as the MB star but I could not have bought Brembo cheaper anywhere else (even with ecp's best code of the week!). They will check your vin to make sure you order the right part.

Take a wheel off , disc sizes are stamped on the disc hub part and just cross check with a measure yourself .
Try the Autodoc app if you aren’t in a hurry for competative pricing.
I did my W211 all round discs and pads (Brembo) for £200 diy the other year

Opted for these in the end. Wish me luck tomorrow. Does anyone recommend putting any kind of grease on the back of the pads as these have shims on the back. Will I need a torque wrench when it comes to reassembly?? Ta for your help and advice. 20211027_165947.jpg

Attachments

• 20211027_170018.jpg
    20211027_170018.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 20211027_170031.jpg
    20211027_170031.jpg
    991.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20211027_170045.jpg
    20211027_170045.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
Oh bugger three products that have failed big time for me , Pagid discs they warped ( really uneven pad deposits ) the silver coat is wheel silver paint at best straight on to cast iron .

Pagid pads the dustiest I've ever experienced.

And the Clarke 1.25 tonne failed and pissed oil on about it's seventh lift of the S14 .

Oh bugger three products that have failed big time for me , Pagid discs they warped ( really uneven pad deposits ) the silver coat is wheel silver paint at best straight on to cast iron .

Pagid pads the dustiest I've ever experienced.

And the Clarke 1.25 tonne failed and pissed oil on about it's seventh lift of the S14 .
But apart from that… 😁

hmm, i used Pagids for 200k on a 330d. No issues. Maybe i was just lucky & yes JamDebs always use a torque wrench. Peace of mind but also helps in getting the buggers off next time:rolleyes:

Did you get 2 new locating screws with the discs ? sometime the old ones need to be 'altered' to get them out (heat & violence) - depending on who fitted the last set of discs - I must admit Pagid would not have been my first choice , but thats because I got Brembo's for such a mad price a few years back , they were a 'no brainer' . The black paint/coating on the Brembo's holds up real well and is a 'wipe clean' surface .

As said, clean the hub to with an inch of it's life , for me battery a drill with brass/wire brush is the go to tool. :thumb:

Did you get 2 new locating screws with the discs ? sometime the old ones need to be 'altered' to get them out (heat & violence) - depending on who fitted the last set of discs - I must admit Pagid would not have been my first choice , but thats because I got Brembo's for such a mad price a few years back , they were a 'no brainer' . The black paint/coating on the Brembo's holds up real well and is a 'wipe clean' surface .

As said, clean the hub to with an inch of it's life , for me battery a drill with brass/wire brush is the go to tool. :thumb:
No i didnt get the screws & was able to use the old ones. They were only 16Nm so not much at all. Cant see a Merc being much more. Some idiots murder the screw & forget it aint going anywhere with a road wheel bolted on to it/through it as well. Dont know if they come with a film on these days but i always wipe the new disc with brake cleaner before fitting & use copper slip on the back of the pads to stop "squeal". Have fun!

Hopefully they'll look better than these 🤙🏽

Attachments

• 20211023_130718.jpg
    20211023_130718.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 20211023_130642.jpg
    20211023_130642.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 20211023_130714.jpg
    20211023_130714.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Brembo say to leave the grey coating on the disc face and never use brake cleaner on new discs. Well at least that was the instruction with mine 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom