What do I do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flat6buster

Car
W222 S350, 911sc
So I had some paintwork done on the other car (sorry not a Merc) at the end of January. The car immediately went into a garage for some engine work thereafter and I only got it back from there 3 weeks or so ago.

I am disappointed to see the results of the paint job. Admittedly it was done on a budget but as you can see from the photo below its now a total patchwork quilt. The colour difference is as shown - those are not shadows! It is not limited to the bonnet unfortunately but also rear wing and front wing x 2 and drivers door.

Question 1 is - is this a really rubbish paint match that is completely avoidable or is it one of those things when you spray an old bus?

If its avoidable then:

Question 2 is do I a) get lairy and demand money back or a new paint job/rectification or b) say, oh well you get what you pay for and mark it up to experience?

Attachments

• FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 67
I would expect any paintjob to last more than 5 months. You say you had it done on a budget, was it just a dustover to assist a resale or something?

I would certainly get it back to the bodyshop pronto and see what they say.

Certainly a terrible job, depends on how much you paid for it whether it was bad value for money though.

Take it back.

if the budget was less than 150.00 then i'd say you got about the job you paid for....any more and i'd be back there....actually i'd be back there anyways, i could do a better job than that with rattle cans and cuttinng compound.

To be fair there was a rust repair to the base of the a pillar then the work also mention in the OP. I spent a grand + VAT and feel a bit miffed really. Trouble is I have moved and they are now 200 miles away.

Never will sell this car unless hell has frozen over so whilst I asked for as good a price as I could get it wasn't for a botch job for resale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom