what do i need to connect a laptop via Carsoft v7.4 to diagnose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poisas

Hello, I'm looking for a DIY home diagnostics now, how could i connect my laptop or PC or whatever computer to get codes readed from ODBII in my 1998 old diesel merc , and now i have CarSoft v7.4 but i don't know what kind of cable i need to coonect from 38pin socket to a laptop ? i have a rs232 port on laptop .

If you don't mind a bit of wiring one of these will do the job

I've one wired to a serial port socket, but yet to get hold of a copy of carsoft to try it out with (must get around to it).

If you don't mind a bit of wiring one of these will do the job

I've one wired to a serial port socket, but yet to get hold of a copy of carsoft to try it out with (must get around to it).

Will that work with a 38 pin socket due to prootcol. Did MB use ISO9141.?

Also you will require a multiplexer or breakout box, or probe each pin individually.

Will that work with a 38 pin socket due to prootcol. Did MB use ISO9141.?

Also you will require a multiplexer or breakout box, or probe each pin individually.
I believe pin 15 on the 38 pin is ISO9191 K-line

Yes I'm planing to probe individually if I want other systems.

I believe pin 15 on the 38 pin is ISO9191 K-line

Yes I'm planing to probe individually if I want other systems.

Maybe on the petrol engined cars, but 230k's experience found that to not be the case on diesels as the UK cars weren't OBDII complient before 2002, even though USA ones were from 1996.

Maybe on the petrol engined cars, but 230k's experience found that to not be the case on diesels as the UK cars weren't OBDII complient before 2002, even though USA ones were from 1996.
Most importantly there was no need to have the diesel models compliant because none were shipped to the USA, unlike the petrol models.

Most importantly there was no need to have the diesel models compliant because none were shipped to the USA, unlike the petrol models.

There were of course MB diesel cars shipped to USA and they had OBDII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom