What do people mean good condition now days

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
Spend (wasted) 5 hours of my day to go and have a look at this 2003 [03] LEFT HAND DRIVE MERCEDES E270 DIESEL ESTATE BLUE LHD UK REG | eBay

What a pile of $hit don't even know where to start :wallbash:

Looking at the pictures of the car the drivers seat looks like it's had a lot more miles than what it states on the advert so that was the first thing I wanted to check but when I asked to see the so called FSH the bloke didn't seem to be able to find it :rolleyes:

Went to open the bonnet but the pull handle was broken but managed to get it open in the end.There was an oil leak from somewhere near the turbo
Both front seat belts gone as well as the front seat.Trim loose and creaking all over the dashboard as well as the dashboard itself being cracked

Full service history hahahaha turn the ignition on and see the service was 19000km overdue :mad:

Then it even got worse when I took it out for a drive :eek::eek::eek: the rear suspention is totally finished and it honestly was the worse car I ever driven.

That's it,rant over

I class "good" on ebay as just above average at a push..... but below excellent and Perfect.

The pictures tell you that car is not in good condition.

Looks like a high mileage unfixed Cat C!

As above ^^ good = average------ for the age of the car ! [ important one that] That one d w124 looked at was 12 years old. So--- rule of thumb -- an average/good 2 year old car is going to be in a lot better nick than an average/good 12 year old.:dk:

Ah yes been there done that! I looked at this advert and then his 1 negative feedback - enough said. It is Ebay remember.

The pictures tell you that car is not in good condition.

Looks like a high mileage unfixed Cat C!

I know the pictures only show cosmetic problems which I wasn't much bothered so after speaking to the seller yesterday decided to go see it

I wasn't expecting a mint car but I wasn't expecting what I seen either

I'M afraid it's more than cosmetic on the front R where the bumper is destroyed. Shut lines on the bonnet (& probably more) are all buggered up.

Spend (wasted) 5 hours of my day to go and have a look at this 2003 [03] LEFT HAND DRIVE MERCEDES E270 DIESEL ESTATE BLUE LHD UK REG | eBay

What a pile of $hit don't even know where to start :wallbash:

Looking at the pictures of the car the drivers seat looks like it's had a lot more miles than what it states on the advert so that was the first thing I wanted to check but when I asked to see the so called FSH the bloke didn't seem to be able to find it :rolleyes:

Went to open the bonnet but the pull handle was broken but managed to get it open in the end.There was an oil leak from somewhere near the turbo
Both front seat belts gone as well as the front seat.Trim loose and creaking all over the dashboard as well as the dashboard itself being cracked

Full service history hahahaha turn the ignition on and see the service was 19000km overdue :mad:

Then it even got worse when I took it out for a drive :eek::eek::eek: the rear suspention is totally finished and it honestly was the worse car I ever driven.

That's it,rant over

Looks like a load of rubbish :eek:

This , linked to on the auction page , looks a more honest example and probably more up your street ...

1994 Mercedes Benz E300D W124 7 seater Estate Auto Diesel Interesting Plate | eBay

Or , indeed , this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-...id=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&mehot=pp&sd=252035963442

Last edited:
Unfortunately Derek it has to be a LHD and it has to be a diesel

The first one was a Diesel , although RHD .

The second is a much nicer car , but higher priced , as expected .

Sellers on ebay do have a strange idea of what is 'as new' or 'good condition', and not just with cars.

I like the ones that describe an item as new or immaculate, apart from a dent in the front wing or other damage, ...well it's not as new then you idiot!

Blowing my own trumpet a bit here, but a couple of days ago my C220 had its end of lease inspection, where they look for faults to either be fixed before it's handed back, or they charge you and they fix them.

Really pleased to say the inspector said as he handed the keys back, "I wish they were all as good as this one, I could be home by lunchtime, it's almost showroom, I couldn't even find any swirl marks".

Have to say, there is hardly a mark on it, but I was quite chuffed.

So that's what I'd call excellent condition, mind, I have looked after it.......

it might be nice if there was a universal condition standard, like the auction people use (Manheim & BVA), it seems quite accurate...

it might be nice if there was a universal condition standard, like the auction people use (Manheim & BVA), it seems quite accurate...

I might add the inspector was from British Car Auctions (BCA)

A while back I rang up about a car

"Hows the rust?" "It did have rust sir but I've sorted it" "OK I will pop down to view"

And the sorting ? A bit of silver gaffer tape !

Are you sure it wasn't also listed as 'RARE'. Apparently, anything on ebay with this description automatically makes it worth so much more! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom