What do people think of this E Class??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought you wanted an E55?

And you are looking at an E63 elsewhere?

That 2.2 diseasle will be very disappointing, even after a 3.2.

I have a 350 cdi convertible and it puts a smile on my face, my sister has the 220 cdi and it's a bit flat in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

50bhp down is a lot. Rattly engine compared to V6. High mileage for the price. It could have been a taxi in past life. 350 is better but is more expensive

I thought you wanted an E55?

And you are looking at an E63 elsewhere?

That 2.2 diseasle will be very disappointing, even after a 3.2.

I am buddy im just considering realistically if I can afford to run one everyday...

If you thinking you may not be able to, You probably cant, effectively anyway.

Definitely imo the E the facelift , looks so much more modern than the C.

I am buddy im just considering realistically if I can afford to run one everyday...

Have you considered getting an E55/63 as a weekend/fun car and a cheap runabout (Focus for about £500) to use for work? OK insurance will be a bit more but a multi car policy might do the job.

As Gav says, if you have to think hard whether you can run one as a daily, the 55/63 isn't a good idea.

Have you considered getting an E55/63 as a weekend/fun car and a cheap runabout (Focus for about £500) to use for work? OK insurance will be a bit more but a multi car policy might do the job.

As Gav says, if you have to think hard whether you can run one as a daily, the 55/63 isn't a good idea.

Something like a 320 petrol may do the job? Fast when you need and cheap to run..

Fair enough it is NOTHING compared to a 55... (my future car for sure lol)

But a 320 V6 has a good amount of go, and is cheap to run (35 MPG motorway, 20-25 or so I get in city depending on traffic although in a CLK)

E class is heavier than a CLK

Sorry if it's stating the obvious, but even the same 3 litre engine will be slower in an E class than a CLK, which is just a slightly lighter C Class.

It's a funny old thing about the UK market, everyone runs to either end of the Engine range - it's either "got" to be an AMG or E220D.

It says something about journalism and false economies.

Don't underestimate the hidden costs of running an AMG, both in maintenance and fuel, especially if you're doing more than 7,000 miles a year. Nor the many hidden costs of running diesel, especially if you're doing less than 15,000 miles a year

Start by looking at what you need. (doors, space, range, mileage), and improvise from there.

Last edited:
In terms of running costs, if you live/drive in a built up area expect between 10 and 15mpg on a daily basis from a 55/63.

In terms of running costs, if you live/drive in a built up area expect between 10 and 15mpg on a daily basis from a 55/63.

Jeez! I guess it's fine if your running motorway tho

Jeez! I guess it's fine if your running motorway tho

The bigger engined cars are a strange beast. Poodle around town at 30mph, stop /start and they don't like it. As John says 10-15mpg.

Out on the motorway where it can stretch its legs, the quicker you go (up to 85mph) the more mpg it seems to do. Regular motorway miles and long runs evenl out the poor city mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom