What do you reckon to these wheels on a W202?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KLP 92

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes S600, SL600, C250TD
What do you reckon of these wheels on a W202?

They are the original Carat Dutchalet wheels which i recently acquired. I refurbed them with intentions to sell them but am thinking about putting them onto my W202 which has the standard W202 6 spoke sport wheels on it at the moment.

img2649gy5.jpg

img2647mm3.jpg

img2650cg1.jpg

img2648ki9.jpg

Those look good. Bit of old school magic. What's the size of the rims? can't quite tell, but do they have a polished lip?

Too "flat" on what is a "flat" sided car IMHO Sorry.:( needs wheels with detail? :) nice wheels other wise.:rock:

Those wheels look great and would look the business on an older Mercedes with a low ride height such as the Mercedes Cosworth. I don't think they would suit the W202 profile.

I would recommend maybe some newer style AMG's that come on the current AMG range (love the SL55 alloys, not sure about fitment though).

I have the C43 monoblocks on mine, I think they actually made the car look older compared to having the standard 16" Sports alloys, but then I am a bit 'old skool' myself :)

Just might work.

They are 16 inch, 8J wide.

The car has been lowered 45 mm all round, don't want 17" wheels as the car is my daily drive. The car has Lorinser sport shocks and H&R springs, so is already has a hard ride. I don't want to make it harder as it will border uncomfortable.

With 16" wheels there is not alot of wheel designs that will suit the car. As the car is finished in designo mystic blue paintwork, the wheels are a bit too standard looking.

May give it a try and see what it looks like, just wandering what you guys thought.

The car at the mo:

13620331272931200613135PM.JPG

Nice car. True if it is lowered than the 17's could be a pain for everyday driving. Give those wheels a try and see how it looks, and take pics would like to see the results!

dont think they gona look all that mate

I know that they aren't the best looking wheel for the car, i'm just wandering if they look better than the wheels on the car?

I think they'd look great! Another rim that reminds me a bit of the styling II ;)

colour code the centres, and polish the outer lip and you have a wicked set of wheels.
You could always space them out on your W202 if they dont' fill the arches enough.

david_h said:
colour code the centres, and polish the outer lip and you have a wicked set of wheels.
You could always space them out on your W202 if they dont' fill the arches enough.
Nice idea, but:
KLP 92 said:
I refurbed them...
I very much doubt they're going to be painted again so soon ;)

I personally think there is way to much metal on those wheels, and in my own personal opinion the wheels you have look much better. So seeing that I'm an old grump, go with the exact opposite :) :)

Good luck with the decision and please post any pictures,
John

glojo said:
I personally think there is way to much metal on those wheels, and in my own personal opinion the wheels you have look much better. So seeing that I'm an old grump, go with the exact opposite :) :)

Good luck with the decision and please post any pictures
With a 202/208/210 also 124/140 etc the more metal/spoke the better! ;)

I'm awaiting to have the right size wheel bolts delivered at the moment, so will try them on early next week.

Item No 180024447716 on ebay. Same wheels on a SEC i think.

C43AMG said:
Item No 180024447716 on ebay. Same wheels on a SEC i think.

Yep, they're the ones. Will put them on and see if i like them or not.

Last edited:
Well have the wheels fitted now, think IMO that they look better than what was on there so will probably end up keeping them on there. Its hard to find a wheel in 16" that suits the car but still manages to be different from everyone elses.

img2703iv40.jpg

img2680dx3.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm , think i prefer the originals...

but still... its different..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom