What do you recommend? Continental SportContact 6 or Michelin PilotSport4?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good explanation, thank you very much.
Tires AO homologated for Audi cars maybe they are more durable (heavy duty) for longevity because Audi have the Quattro 4 wheel system?
Could this be what you refer too?
Yes the AO tyres are more durable, although the tyre size is for SUVs and so used buy cars with 4 wheel drive whether in AO (for Audi Q7) or MO (for Mercedes ML) specification.

Tyres are all personal choice and we all havve our own opinions on them regardless.

I've had 2 x sets of each on the C63.
Conti's wore out after 5000 miles but, very sure footed.
PS4S - much better wear rate, very grippy but a softer sidewall which, you can feel the flex when pushing on (into a corner)
I upped the rear width to 265 (from 255) so, this may have changed things (ever so slightly). Just ordered another rear set of the PS4S (be here tomorrow) at the correct size (255) for comparison.

Let's face it, they wear out in no time so, whichever you choose will be replaced within the year anyway (mileage depending)

If you know a tyre fitter, I always use www.camskill.co.uk. Great service and the cheapest on the net
If I went through a set of tyres in 5000 miles , that would be every couple of months , or sometimes less !

Ive done 600 miles in the last three days , and I look to see min 30,000 miles out of a set of tyres which , even with Contis , a medium to soft compound , I’ve been getting , even on my S-Classes and the SL , and I don’t drive especially gently .

The shortest lived I can remember was the one and only time I tried Pirelli’s : a set of CN36 lasted me 12,000 miles on my W124 280E ; the Unitoyal Rallye 280s that replaced them went back to 30K plus .

Last edited:
Yes the AO tyres are more durable, although the tyre size is for SUVs and so used buy cars with 4 wheel drive whether in AO (for Audi Q7) or MO (for Mercedes ML) specification.

Audi S7, this maniac turbo beast on steroids must have reinforced tires for it's Quattro system.
If there were S7-AO tires in the size of 18" it would have been a best buy for my car and tire durability.

I dont see the benefit of AO or MO tyres when the non branded ones are cheaper and IME just as good.

I dont see the benefit of AO or MO tyres when the non branded ones are cheaper and IME just as good.

Michelin's I ordered doesn't have MO marking.

PS4S - much better wear rate, very grippy but a softer sidewall which, you can feel the flex when pushing on (into a corner)

This caught my attention as I have felt movement on direction change with my new PS4 245/45/17. Once the direction has been set, however, they are planted as anything.

I've gone Conti > Conti > Michelin PS4S.

I do not regret changing to Michelins one bit.

Fyi -

1589097522489.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom