What do you think of these boot spoiler for a CLA C118)

• Thread starter Deleted member 159322
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159322

Hi all
Looking to buy a boot spoiler and have come across a couple on ebay.

They look very identical to the standard optional spoiler that you can get on the cla35 and also the aeropack style spoiler.
I know these are not oem parts.

Anyone purchased a spoiler that looks oem but isnt ?

For Mercedes Benz W118 C118 CLA45 AMG Carbon Fiber Boot Trunk Rear Spoiler Lip | eBay (cla 35 style) this also comes in gloss black)

MERCEDES W118 C118 CLA CLA45S AMG GLOSS BLACK BOOT TRUNK REAR SPOILER LIP 2019+ | eBay (Aero pack style)

Which one would you prefer?

Thanks

Personally I prefer the Carbon one, looks great, I've got a non oem, rear spoiler on my C207, no problems at all with it, looks great, you might think about not using the adhesive tape that comes with it, and use 3M VHB tape instead. :) 👍

Carbon fibre version looks very smart, look great on a dark coloured car.

Have you thought about going direct and using Aliexpress as the seller on ebay is in China so delivery time would be the same. Aliexpress is usually a lot cheaper for the same items

I have recently fitted an aftermarket spoiler and no issues so far. I personally like the look of the second spoiler

Are they straight forward to fit was looking at one myself

Yeah very easy, they are usually fitted with double-sided tape. The only complicated part is trying to line it up
Should it be flush with the edge of the boot or a slight overhang

Should it be flush with the edge of the boot or a slight overhang
It depends on the spoiler that you are fitting. In the one I fitted, the base of the spoiler had a flat surface that matched the contour of the car, so it was pretty easy to line up in that regard. The slightly tricky part is centring the spoiler.

I pretty much followed this video to do the install
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for your info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom