What do you think of this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kayum91

Car
W205 C220d
Hi,

i’ve been looking at getting a W205 C63 and have come across this.
It is very well specced and a seems like a good price.
The car has been sprayed and has full indy service rather than dealer. It also has a stage 1 MSL map.
What do people think of this?
i dont know if the seller is on this forum.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2020050992380711589132686134.jpeg

Why has it been re sprayed ? and for me personally the stripe is a big no no. Post the VIN on here if you want more detail.

It must have some MB main dealer history, surely ?

P.S . I actually like the colour (minus the stripe) from how it looks on screen.

Hi, in the same opinion as Petrol Pete. why the respray and not keen on the stripe.

As pistol pete's comment above i would want to know why a 5 year old has been resprayed. Also looking through the pictures on the AT ad pic 9 & pic 1 shows some odd panel gaps bonnet to nose/ os front wing. Could be camera angle of course. Original is best imho.

Back wheel looks to be leaning out at top

Like the colour, the wheels, but not that stripe.
I'd want to know why it was resprayed and if its had previous accident damage. (It's a private sale and the owner has to tell the truth about previous damage/accidents if asked.)

Edit.......agree with Derek above. The rear wheel doesn't look right in the photo above.

Back wheel looks to be leaning out at top
Like the colour, the wheels, but not that stripe.
I'd want to know why it was resprayed and if its had previous accident damage. (It's a private sale and the owner has to tell the truth about previous damage/accidents if asked.)

Edit.......agree with Derek above. The rear wheel doesn't look right in the photo above.

For many years now I've noticed this apparent "positive camber" of the rear wheel when the rear wheel is near the edge of the photo.

I first noticed it on a Saab looking at it on behalf of someone else (which turned out to be fine and the same as the other side) after I bought mine in 2007 and have noticed it a lot ever since.

I think it is caused by the camera lense but I have no idea of the technical reason.

I obviously can't be sure the Merc above doesn't have a positive camber but if you see another picture say of the rear of from the front with a more "head on" profile, the wheel could very well look right.

In the cases I've seen, photos from different angles reveal a more typical geometry you would expect.

Weird!

Obviously if it does have a positive camber I'd be very wary of accident-damage as mentioned.

I've also seen a lot of Mercs with that huge gap between the front grille and the bonnet. I'm not sure why the gap needs to be that big.

Colour would be enough to put me off but looks like i'm in the minority lol

Was respray a different colour or repair?

Hmm kind of putting me off it now lol. The spray paint was from the previous seller who owned a garage so decided to spray. The black stuff is deca which can come off. I have done a vehicle check and no accidents claimed, the colour has been changed twice though and was gold previously. All the service history is on the car and has all the paperwork to back it.

Better cars out there for near that money. Front end misalignment could be due to the respray and the bonnet, lights and front bumper not being aligned correctly. A couple of full resprays would concern me on a 5 year old car. Could try contacting Acid at MSL and see if he remembers the car.

Hmm kind of putting me off it now lol. The spray paint was from the previous seller who owned a garage so decided to spray. The black stuff is deca which can come off. I have done a vehicle check and no accidents claimed, the colour has been changed twice though and was gold previously.
It’s possible the gold was from having it wrapped.

The fact that it has actually been gold at one time also tells its own story...

I like the current colour though and if everything else stacks up and you’re happy with the price you could get it for them why not?

Somebody's nicked the V8 badge off the passenger wing.
Oops - V8 "decal" - cheepskate.

Better cars out there for near that money. Front end misalignment could be due to the respray and the bonnet, lights and front bumper not being aligned correctly. A couple of full resprays would concern me on a 5 year old car. Could try contacting Acid at MSL and see if he remembers the car.
I am glad someone else has noticed the panel gaps on the front end. Maybe ask the seller about it as from the photos that does not look factory to me (unless they are like that as stock?)

Have you checked the cars mot history online?

If a garage owner had the car and did repairs to it which took some time you may see low mileage shown between mot tests when the car was off the road.

98BC8AA5-4440-43F7-9C38-9DAC01B6CCF8.jpeg
Very minimal miles done between MOTs. Most of the mileage was done in the first 3 years.

Does this car have an active bonnet? If so, it might account for the larger than normal panel gap?

For many years now I've noticed this apparent "positive camber" of the rear wheel when the rear wheel is near the edge of the photo.

I first noticed it on a Saab looking at it on behalf of someone else (which turned out to be fine and the same as the other side) after I bought mine in 2007 and have noticed it a lot ever since.

I think it is caused by the camera lense but I have no idea of the technical reason.

I obviously can't be sure the Merc above doesn't have a positive camber but if you see another picture say of the rear of from the front with a more "head on" profile, the wheel could very well look right.

In the cases I've seen, photos from different angles reveal a more typical geometry you would expect.

Weird!

Couple of examples from another post to illustrate the concept I was trying to explain above - there must be a technical reason for it although I still think it is at the edge of the lense where the it is the most curved I guess:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Couple of examples from another post to illustrate the concept I was trying to explain above - there must be a technical reason for it although I still think it is at the edge of the lense where the it is the most curved I guess:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
These look nothing like as bad as the car at the start of this thread

These look nothing like as bad as the car at the start of this thread

That is true actually but it's a similar effect.

So perhaps the car at the start has a pissed positive camber but it looks far worse because of this weird effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom