What do you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know nothing about them but it does look like a genuine enough car. Prolly not a bad price either if its as good in the flesh as it looks in the pictures.

Originally posted by Sp!ke
I know nothing about them but it does look like a genuine enough car. Prolly not a bad price either if its as good in the flesh as it looks in the pictures.

I might go and see it tomorrow, I have sent him an email, waiting for a reply, will keep you posted if I get there.

That car is lovely, regarding non transferable plates, my brother in law has some old Rileys that he uses as wedding cars, when he bought them they were scrap and the registrations had been surrendered to the DVLA so when the cars were put back on the road DVLA had to supply period number plates which they do but state they are non transferable. Incidentally my log book on my Merc says non transferable, at some point some one has had a private plate on it then requested an age related plate from DVLA., and that is how I understand the non transferable plate scenario.

Originally posted by Koolvin
why is the plate non transferable?

I had this on my Porsche 928s.
The log book stated non-transferable registration mark.
When I rang up DVLA, they said it was because the car had previously had a personal plate and then had it taken off.
Now, say if it had an original plate of 'ABC 123D', then had a private plate of '928 S', the 'ABC 123D' plate would be owned by DVLA again.
If someone had a private plate on their car and was selling the car, without the plate, they will be given an 'age related plate'.
Say this was the 'ABC 123D' plate that i surrendered off the Porsche. It is therefore classed as non-transferable.

Phew:crazy:
Know what I need to say, but is hard to put it in 'laymans', terms.
Basically, you can't transfer a reg plate if it was previously issued on a vehicle and reclaimed by DVLA.
Hope you get the drift.:rolleyes:

@ Andy W,
Looks like we were both posting at the same time mate.
LOL:bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by Koolvin
why is the plate non transferable?

I have already asked him this, waiting for a reply.

So what the DVLA are saying is basically

"There is no real reason why we can't transfer the number, we just won't"

After all, a number is just a number. If they wanted to they could scribble any number in the appropriate space on the form.

:crazy:

Originally posted by Stratman
So what the DVLA are saying is basically

"There is no real reason why we can't transfer the number, we just won't"

:crazy:

Got it in one;)

It does make sense. The reason for not transferring the plates is to stop this:
1. You buy a car with a pre-63 period registration (which are valuable and nice).
2. You ask for the first time to have the plate transferred onto retention or another vehicle.
3. They can then issue you with another appropriate period number.
4. Return to step #2
You get the idea!
It would have been a great loophole!

Cheers,
Will

Excellent point, Will. That would be a nice little earner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom